Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Studded felt warning

Tags
felt
1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  skyrise 
#1 ·
I love my korkers studded felt soles on the s fork snoqualmie. nothing is better.

-but-

They are HELL crossing the railroad tracks at a super secret ma 13 beach I am trying to learn. The smooth concrete between the rails at the rr crossing makes my feet ride on just the studs, shooting my feet out from beneath me. I have not gone down thanks to my super quick reflexes, but damnd it gives me the wrong kind of adrenelyn.

guess I should re install the rubber viBram sole.

#7 ·
I have had felt soles and they are great for wading on mossy round cobbles. Many of the new rubber compounds are as good and last a lot longer, especially if you are in for a long walk to the beach. I got rid of mine because of the parisite, evasive species problem. In the Rocky Mtn. region felt is GREATLY discouraged. Zebra snails, N.Z. mud snails, etc. hitch hike from lake to lake to stream. Real problem..That's why Capitol Lake is closed to any use. Just a thought for the future...

#9 ·
Love my Korkers! Really learned to watch the studded felt thing though...the hard way. Fishing a slimey Dechutes river, below Maupin, lots of basalt .....in the water or out didn't matter. My partner finally called the three knock down rule. Ended up breaking a rod.
I still use the studs but extremely careful just where. Too old to be busting my ass or an elbow, or wrist etc. you get the message.

#10 ·
k

Hopefully you have the non-studded I tercha geable soles. if not, you can purchase them i gothe studded flet sOle to replace the plain felt sole that I wore out in two sEason slipping on the baseball to basketball size slimy rocks in the south fork snoqualmie wet wading

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.