Pattern EP Baitfish

Nice going - you can get the right shape of fly without a lot of trimming by tapering the fibres before you tie them in, this video explains it fairly well (not my video)

It's for pike flies with SF Blend but it makes good trout sized versions and works with other fibre types

I need to check out fly tyers dungeon too!

Edit >> the link isn't working for me - search "Sf blend pike fly" on Youtube if you can't see it

Last edited:
Fly Tyers Dungeon is awesome. Great products, and you get way more of each that a regular commercial product. A great way to try them out is with a “gift box”. The main one is about $25, less than $30 shipped. You get to try a lot of random stuff of his, but maybe not the color you want. You can then be a little more informed, though, when you make a specific order. I just placed an order two days ago. It’s en route already. I can’t imagine what a $100 order looks like... a whole lot of awesome.

Fly Tyers Dungeon is awesome. Great products, and you get way more of each that a regular commercial product. A great way to try them out is with a “gift box”. The main one is about $25, less than $30 shipped. You get to try a lot of random stuff of his, but maybe not the color you want. You can then be a little more informed, though, when you make a specific order. I just placed an order two days ago. It’s en route already. I can’t imagine what a $100 order looks like... a whole lot of awesome.
@Nick Clayton has posted pictures on other threads of what a $100 order looks like. It's impressive!

Last edited:
Nice going - you can get the right shape of fly without a lot of trimming by tapering the fibres before you tie them in, this video explains it fairly well (not my video)

It's for pike flies with SF Blend but it makes good trout sized versions and works with other fibre types

I need to check out fly tyers dungeon too!

Edit >> the link isn't working for me - search "Sf blend pike fly" on Youtube if you can't see it
Cool video, thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts