Today’s outing

Blustery day on the Sky. No finals for me today so I hit the river. Swung a couple holes, hiked a lot, got my perry poke coming along (snap t and double Spey getting better as well despite the wind). Slow day fish wise though. Water clarity was great river is starting to rise. Might target the lower section once the water drops as that’s where the steelhead tend to be once the hatchery fish clear out before they close it mid February

WA-Fly

Blustery day on the Sky. No finals for me today so I hit the river. Swung a couple holes, hiked a lot, got my perry poke coming along (snap t and double Spey getting better as well despite the wind). Slow day fish wise though. Water clarity was great river is starting to rise. Might target the lower section once the water drops as that’s where the steelhead tend to be once the hatchery fish clear out before they close it mid February
What do you consider the lower river? Because everything below big eddy closes Jan 31st I thought

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

skyrise

Interesting, the last two weeks have seen almost no trailers at the Sultan launch ? All the guides over on the OP now? Fond memories of late January years ago. Ya just had to make one more cast.

WA-Fly

Really? Hmm interesting I thought the whole system and it’s tribs we’re open until the 15th of February or something.
From big eddy to the confluence of the forks is open until Feb 15, the rest of the river system including the forks closes on Jan 31st. The tribs have been closed for a while now

From big eddy to the confluence of the forks is open until Feb 15, the rest of the river system including the forks closes on Jan 31st. The tribs have been closed for a while now

The Wallace is open till the 15th. I’ll go read over the regs again

Latest posts