Airflo performance

skyrise

Some of my Airflo lines dont float very well, so I was wondering if anyone else was having issues with these lines also ? The Skagit compact is ok not great. The skagit switch doesn’t float at all. And the Scandi floats ok but seems to want to sink in slower water. All of these lines are about 5-6 years old. So have the new Airflo lines gotten better?

skyrise

these lines were sitting in the boxes for quite awhile. one of the lines has some bends in it that just dont want to come out. when i went to take off the pipe cleaner twists on a few the color had bleed off the line to the twists. so i will try cleaning them, hope that helps.

these lines were sitting in the boxes for quite awhile. one of the lines has some bends in it that just dont want to come out. when i went to take off the pipe cleaner twists on a few the color had bleed off the line to the twists. so i will try cleaning them, hope that helps.
A line with kink and coil will sink. Try a little heat and stretch that baby straight. You'll be high and dry.

Polyurethane lines don't float as well Period. With that said they are a more durable material, last longer then PVC and weld like a champ. They float more like a hover and depending on density of the particular line float or hover differently . This will depend on water tension and specific design.

4sallypat

Airflo lines are so much more durable than Rio lines.
Before use, I wipe the Airflo lines with - ironically enough: Rio Line cleaner towelette.
Floats super good!

Latest posts