super short intermediate skagit

Anyone know if there are plans for anyone to come out with a 15 (ish) foot intermediate skagit head for SH rods? I've seen the Ambush ones and they won't do quite what I'm looking for...at least easily, plus they're a little longer than I want.

Tom Palmer

The only intermediate super short skagit that I'm aware of is the Nextcast Coastal F1. I use one on my 5wt switch for summer runs. (casts great and I prefer the back end floats for tracking purposes while 10' of the body is intermediate). However they are currently out of stock on their web site and not sure if they go down light enough for your SH needs.

Your best bet is to contact Steve Godshall and he'll custom make one to exactly your specs.

I'll shoot Steve an email...I actually cut back an Airflo intermediate to 300gr and it sings on my 8wt, but I have a shorter 6/7 wt that something in the 240-250gr range would be absolute money. (I currently throw a 250gr Commando for floating work...)

longstick

Anyone know if there are plans for anyone to come out with a 15 (ish) foot intermediate skagit head for SH rods? I've seen the Ambush ones and they won't do quite what I'm looking for...at least easily, plus they're a little longer than I want.
I know of someone working on one as we speak along with another needed line. All line companies are in works of short Spey market and I think 2018 and 2019 will be fun

Latest posts