Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Citrus Packing Crate Art

Tags
art
977 views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  PeterGrand 
#1 ·
Picture frame Rectangle Fish Fin Art

In the 1940-50's the California citrus industry used to label their packing crates with graphic art that denoted the brand. Wife and I and another couple were browsing a local junk/antique shop while waiting for a restaurant to open for dinner and I came across this. Only one framed and matted, they were so nice it was hard to believe they were original. I think I'm going to go back and buy the rest, about 12 each unframed.

See less See more
#12 ·
I am a veteran of museum culture...without touting some elite knowledge...I was the shit when it came to that...look me up you won't find much...I got paid for my expertise...still bothers me...but i will say in the early 2000's we met at a retiring Directors get together at the heathman on broadway in Portland Oregon...I was late , I poked my head in and I got a standing ovationfrom I don't know 200 peers ...I cried...I felt like what I did mattered for over 20 years...That my friends is something i will never forget. But there won't be a record of it anywhere...That is what qa non profit servant is...no hero worship just an instance of acceptance...I had that moment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.