Article Here's one for ya, drone assisted fishing

Dave Boyle

Interesting read. I was very surprised though at the detail he went into re 'doing it' with a sexbot. It read like he's done it or at least given it a great deal of thought :)

Dave

dibling

I have a pipe dream of catching a single fish on a dry fly from a drone. Only because there's a lake we go to every year with tons of small fish that hit dry flies willingly, and because my friend absolutely refuses to let me use his drone for it.

newfydog

Oregon has already banned the use of drones fishing. I wonder if it is legal to fish for drones?

I wandered up to my urban fishing spot today, and a drone went buzzing by. It zipped down river, then went up high and hovered. A mild irritation, but no big deal. I couldn't see anyone operating it, but upstream is a whitewater park, and cool people like Gerry Lopez surf there. They seem to come with an entourage, cinematographers etc.

Then the damned came down, rotated its camera towards me, and floated there, like some buzzing cyclops staring at me. I finally tossed a cast up and out in its general direction, and actually came pretty close. It zipped the heck out of there. I could have had it. I was casting a line I got on ebay for like $25, I should have gone ahead and taken it down.

Oh well, it left, I caught some fish after that, and avoided a probable shouting match. That might have have been fun though, standing out there in fast, freezing water in my waders "hey, just come out here and get it"

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
Laws versus the advance of technology. I support the ideas of common courtesy, but people are people, so I also am slowly becoming less libertarian. Although I do love the idea of "No Victim, No Crime". In this case, how are drones victimizing others? If they are not, should they be regulated?

David Loy

Senior Moment
Seems likely that Bonefishing (et al) Resorts will have hoards of drones shortly. Send them out early, then coordinate guiding destinations. Happy clients, no wasted gas. Maybe film client action and provide media for take home.
Brave new world.

In this case, how are drones victimizing others?
Seems like textbook disturbing the peace ...

1. Disturbing the Peace Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc.
    definitions.uslegal.com › D
    Disturbing the peace is a minor criminal offense that may be charged when someone makes excessive noise, especially in a residential area, such as by operation of any tool, equipment, vehicle, electronic device, set, instrument, television, phonograph, machine or other noise- or sound-producing device.

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
Seems like textbook disturbing the peace ...

1. Disturbing the Peace Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc.
    definitions.uslegal.com › D
    Disturbing the peace is a minor criminal offense that may be charged when someone makes excessive noise, especially in a residential area, such as by operation of any tool, equipment, vehicle, electronic device, set, instrument, television, phonograph, machine or other noise- or sound-producing device.
Crap, I disturb the peace then every single time I hook a fish. So much louder than a drone. Highway noise at Pass is louder than a drone. Rushing water in a river is louder than a drone. Good luck finding someone to enforce that legal definition as it pertains to drones.

Klickrolf

I would have no shame in using a drone to scout, especially in canyon/ravine areas that are hard to access on foot
What would you do if your scouting found fishermen fishing for all the fish you could find with your drone? What do you think those fishermen should think about your drone invading their space? Would you happily accept it if one of those fishermen shot your drone out of the sky? Sport fishing isn't about knowing things sport fishers have never been able to know. Knowing too much makes it something other than sport fishing.

Last edited:
Crap, I disturb the peace then every single time I hook a fish. So much louder than a drone. Highway noise at Pass is louder than a drone. Rushing water in a river is louder than a drone. Good luck finding someone to enforce that legal definition as it pertains to drones.
I don’t think ‘that’ paragraph is intended to be a legal definition. It’s an example intended to convey an idea. Obviously time and place play into what constitutes a disturbance. Loud and repeated cheering would not be a disturbance in a Seahawks game but would in a library. Maybe at Pass Lake there is no peace for a drone to disturb. Maybe in a Wilderness Area there is. Who knows? Isn’t that what lawyers are for?

I was enjoying a walk on a nice trail in Mount Revelstoke National Park in July when a drone with a Go-Pro attached came buzzing by me to my left and hovered about 30 feet from me before flying off. If I had had a shotgun with me that thing would now be scrap. There's certainly a place for these but I think their place in the wilderness needs judicious forethought by the user as not all of those nearby may share your passion for this technology.

Latest posts