Article Here's one for ya, drone assisted fishing

I straight hate drones along with their often turd like techno geek operator. They are making inroads into whitewater kayaking for "safety" to scout unscoutable gorges. It takes work and balls to discover new difficult runs along with risk not a geek with a drone. They are becoming present in fishing even on local rivers and lakes. I've been followed on a lake musky fishing despite giving the drone the finger and casting at it several times. I've been followed through canyons with a drone kayaking and had the opportunity to give the operator a piece of my mind. He was a sniveling little photographer dude trying to sell me the footage like his buzzing contraption was a positive in my day. They have their place but buzzing around others or fishing with them is just tacky. People have a high percentage of idiots in their population and surely drones will be a tool to annoy and harass others and wildlife. I think the law should be clear that if it's close enough to shoot down then that's too close. I have zero sympathy or interest in these contraptions of the lazy and mannerless.

MattB

What would you do if your scouting found fishermen fishing for all the fish you could find with your drone? What do you think those fishermen should think about your drone invading their space? Would you happily accept it if one of those fishermen shot your drone out of the sky? Sport fishing isn't about knowing things sport fishers have never been able to know. Knowing too much makes it something other than sport fishing.
1. I don't experience crowding issues like you describe
2. You, I, or any other person does not own "personal space" in public
3. I'm pretty sure destroying someone's private property is a crime and I would contact the appropriate authorities if someone did so

But lets be real. No one here is ever going to shoot a drone out of the air, regardless of how much they type about it.

1morecast

I straight hate drones along with their often turd like techno geek operator. They are making inroads into whitewater kayaking for "safety" to scout unscoutable gorges. It takes work and balls to discover new difficult runs along with risk not a geek with a drone. They are becoming present in fishing even on local rivers and lakes. I've been followed on a lake musky fishing despite giving the drone the finger and casting at it several times. I've been followed through canyons with a drone kayaking and had the opportunity to give the operator a piece of my mind. He was a sniveling little photographer dude trying to sell me the footage like his buzzing contraption was a positive in my day. They have their place but buzzing around others or fishing with them is just tacky. People have a high percentage of idiots in their population and surely drones will be a tool to annoy and harass others and wildlife. I think the law should be clear that if it's close enough to shoot down then that's too close. I have zero sympathy or interest in these contraptions of the lazy and mannerless.
WOW!! SO it has come to this, using a drone to scout out potential areas to fish float or what ever. Where is the sense of adventure in this? OK, I am going to piss a few people off, but this is just plain fucking lazy!!!

Latest posts