Organizing

Philonius

I like the picture with the dead lunkers.

Your approach to carpentry is sort'a like your approach to fly tying; It doesn't have to be pretty if it gets the job done. I'll give you a pass, though that ragged cut would drive me nutz!

FinLuver

Took a turn on my fly tying area today. A trip to Home Depot yielded some cool stuff. Spent most of the day installing peg board and things. Still have a few things left to do but I'm pretty happy with the progress so far.

Tried to hang all my dubbing brush ingredients within reach of my spinner. I call it dubbing brush heaven

View attachment 160777 View attachment 160778 View attachment 160779
NO...NO...NO...NO...
It's too organized, clean, and down right disgusting.
And if ya ask me...
Just Plain Wrong.
:p:D

I like the picture with the dead lunkers.

Your approach to carpentry is sort'a like your approach to fly tying; It doesn't have to be pretty if it gets the job done. I'll give you a pass, though that ragged cut would drive me nutz!

Yeah I killed more native steel that day than any man should. Not my proudest moment, but in 2001 I was not exactly up on the plight of native steelhead. 24 and 21 pound fish that day.

Wait... are you saying I don't tie pretty flies?!? ;)

Nick, is that white thing on the desk a light? Oh and do you use those cactus thorns for mayfly tails?

Yeah that's a light. It's folded down in the picture. It's one of those "day light" lights. Coupled with the standard lamp on the other side it really helps my eyes from getting fatigued.

The cactus is Ethan's.... I'm not sure he'd be down with me plucking and tying. But I may be able to figure something out.

Swimmy

Riffle > Run > Pool
Not bad Nick. But if you get rid of those old dvd's you will have more room for a bigger table. I feel cramped looking at that small one.

Also, I personally like to hang the stuff I use most: marabou, bunny, schlappen, fox, flash, etc. This way I can tell when I'm getting low and easy to re-order. Other stuff gets stored in my totes.

This is a good start though. Next thread lets tackle your closet and get those fishing shirts organized but sleeve length, brand, and color.

Looks great Nick but I'd like to see a photo in a couple weeks, if you're anything like me it won't look like that ever again :)

Yeah, we'll see how that goes. haha One thing about having my tying area in the living room is I can't let it get TOO out of hand without the wife complaining. That said most of the year I can't see much wood on my desk. lol

I'm really trying to focus on my tying speed, and organization helps a ton with that, so I'm trying to force myself to get better at that. Keeping my desk clean is a part of that. Last night I saw down and tied up a dozen sand lance patterns and after I was done I made myself put every material back prior to moving on to the next pattern. Hopefully I can keep that up.

Latest posts