Organizing

SilverFly

View attachment 160865 View attachment 160866 This is the thread spool storage unit i made over 3 years ago, heap of long bolts in a piece of perspex/flexi glass! View attachment 160867 View attachment 160868 View attachment 160869 And the tool storage unit i made straight after, it took a insane amount of drilling & cutting aluminum spaces for the corners! I can't stress enough how good beer is to tickle the creative nerves in the brain! :)
Nice Plexi work Adam. Did you flame polish those edges?

SilverFly

Don't know what flame polishing is, but put some very lite wet & dry sand paper around a piece plywood & ran it over the cut edges!
After you cut a piece of Plexiglas you basically just run a torch over the edge. Its a bit tricky to get the flame set right and move it at the right speed to melt the surface without burning. Its not too hard though, and with a bit of practice it leaves a beautiful, smooth, glassy edge in seconds.

Flame polishing is a slick technique I learned in a past job, but wet sanding works and your results look great. In fact I was wondering if you did plastic fabrication work for a living.

David Loy

Senior Moment
image.jpg image.jpg My Bug Box was overflowing, primarily with feathers. So I implemented an antique knitting box my Mom wasn’t using. Top drawer: saddles, capes and bugger packs. Second drawer: cdc, turkey, pheasant, ostrich & peacock. Third drawer: Dubbing primarily. It sits to my left. And two Tupperware bins in the closet with stuff not used often.

Last edited:

jasmillo

Took a turn on my fly tying area today. A trip to Home Depot yielded some cool stuff. Spent most of the day installing peg board and things. Still have a few things left to do but I'm pretty happy with the progress so far.

Tried to hang all my dubbing brush ingredients within reach of my spinner. I call it dubbing brush heaven

View attachment 160777 View attachment 160778 View attachment 160779
Did you get that peg board at Home Depot...in Poulsbo? If so, son of a....
I walked around that store for a 1/2 hour the other day looking for peg board. I guess I should have asked someone....dar moment.

My tying area is pretty basic at the moment. Then again, I am really only tying saltwater stuff. Once I expand into rivers, etc., I’ll expand. For now, I stuff most materials in totes

E46F1523-C2D2-40A1-9BB6-2F6A220B24FB.jpeg
This is my home office. Come to Montana and you can have it for $50. I’m in the market for a new one.

Please excuse my mess.

Now how about that closet?
I am pretty sure you wander into model homes and snap pics of your workspaces on this forum. I think I have seen your garage, fly tying area and home office and all of it looks like a set designer from Hollywood staged it. Work areas should be a tad bit messy and disorganized. You must be a salesman ....:).

Also, what home office does not have a world map? How the f&ck else am I going to plan my next fishing trip or vacation?

86F11875-733F-4601-B33F-68885BF82443.jpeg

Did you get that peg board at Home Depot...in Poulsbo? If so, son of a....
I walked around that store for a 1/2 hour the other day looking for peg board. I guess I should have asked someone....dar moment.]
Haha Yep i got it there. I did the EXACT same thing until I finally asked someone. It was not in a super noticable spot