Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Windy Morning!

897 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Clint F 
#1 ·
Spent a couple hours this morning at a MA13 beach....amazing how windy it was! 3ft waves hitting the beach, but oddly, since it was a left to right wind I could still get the line out pretty well. Learned to drop the line immediately into the water so it didn't blow sideways down the beach. Hooked one up. There was one other guy out more brave that I was standing up to the waves and wind...I had to finally find a place a little more out of the wind. Gotta admit.....pretty fun! Felt like some of the pictures I'd see of you guys out in the middle of storms on the beaches.
On my way back home...finally pulled the trigger and got a 3 wt spey rod to try tomorrow morning. Anil got me a light spey integrated line to try out...I can also use it on the Yakima. Should be fun trying it out.

#2 ·
Being a lifelong Washington resident my philosophy pertaining to just about any outdoor sport is, that if you won't play in our state's wind and rain, you won't get much playing in at all!

Good on ya, mate, for getting out there!

#4 ·
I was over on a beach in MA12. Got there early, lots of birds working bait at first light just off the beach. Unfortunately all I could do is drive by and watch until 8am. Wind was brutal at times but still was a great day even though I didn't hook up this time I learned a lot and enjoyed a beautiful view. Finally left at 3pm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.