T Scientific Anglers Supra Line 4 WT or a 3 WT Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like the title says...

I have a new/lawn cast for 5 minutes Scientific Anglers Supra 4 WT line in Sunrise Yellow(think a step in color from retina burn yellow, great color) and I'm looking for a decent new or used 3 weight line.

jim52

61. I have 3wt f s. Sink tip ? I could use the 4 wt. ... my son took one of the 3 wt rods .. left me with a reel with line .. light , light use .. it was the top of the line cabelas. Which is Sci angler line

61. I have 3wt f s. Sink tip ? I could use the 4 wt. ... my son took one of the 3 wt rods .. left me with a reel with line .. light , light use .. it was the top of the line cabelas. Which is Sci angler line
Sorry but I just don't use the sinking lines...appreciate the offer though.

Would you trade your 4 wt. Supra for an as-new 3 wt. Rio Gold floater (WF3F)?

This line has a "Moss" head (sort of a pale olive) and a "Gold" running line (pale yellow).
I believe the total head length is about 46', which includes a 5' front taper, a 22' belly, and a 19' rear taper.
https://www.rioproducts.com/products/floating/rio-gold

I took a couple of casts with it on my Redington Classic Trout 3 wt. rod, and realized that a 4 wt. line would be better for that rod, for me. That was in 2012, and I haven't used the Rio line since. I did clip off the front loop, and nail knotted a tapered 4X leader on, but otherwise, it's as-new.

I'm in B.C.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts