Swap SRC swap

Clint F

Fly Fishing Youth
title says it all... Sea Run Cutthroat swap. I am going to run this the same way as the current resident coho swap I am wrapping up now as it was the most enjoyable swap I have handled yet to date. so 11 tiers total. that's 10 flies, a nice manageable number. once the swap is full I will start a message with everyone involved and get my address to you guys. once the message is started feel free to talk about materials, patterns, share pictures as you go. even share a report or 2 pertaining to what the flies are intended for. it makes for a great interactive swap I have found. due date will be 28FEB18 let me know if you want in and what you are tying.

1. Clint F-
2.Philonius-
3.Eyejuggler-
4.Kfish-
5.Chris Stiemert-
6.thatguyryry
7.scudley do right
8.vandelay industries
9.seattlefarq
10.Max P- diddle your skittle
11.Ron McNeal-Jeffrey Delia glow in the dark white ghost

Last edited:

Philonius

Yipiee. Not sure what yet; I tied up some White Squimps today, hope to test them out tomorrow, but that's just one possibility. I may decide to play with a more traditional SRC fly instead, though those tend to be a bit labor intensive.

title says it all... Sea Run Cutthroat swap. I am going to run this the same way as the current resident coho swap I am wrapping up now as it was the most enjoyable swap I have handled yet to date. so 11 tiers total. that's 10 flies, a nice manageable number. once the swap is full I will start a message with everyone involved and get my address to you guys. once the message is started feel free to talk about materials, patterns, share pictures as you go. even share a report or 2 pertaining to what the flies are intended for. it makes for a great interactive swap I have found. due date will be 28FEB18 let me know if you want in and what you are tying.

1. Clint F-
2.Philonius-
3.Eyejuggler-
4.Kfish-
5.Chris Stiemert-
6.thatguyryry
7.scudley do right
8.vandelay industries
9.seattlefarq
10.Max P- diddle your skittle
11.Ron McNeal-Jeffrey Delia glow in the dark white ghost

Where do I find your resident coho swap link?

Clint F

Fly Fishing Youth
Where do I find your resident coho swap link?
middle of page 3. I messed up and it wasn't marked as a swap when I started it. due to the participation levels and over all awesome experience I will probably keep rolling a saltwater, salmon, or steelhead swap monthly so keep an eye out. they will be marked and swap will most likely coralate to the up coming season. example... march thinking another resident coho swap, no ideas on april yet maybe vote on that one, may will probably be a summer steelhead swap. june adult saltwater salmon.

FinLuver

Will you post a pic if the assortment that got swapped?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
[Not answering for Clint F] But a recent "observation", that pertains to your question, would suggest the answer to be...NO.
"Ya have to participate, in order to be "included""...seemed to be the consensus. ;)

holtad

[Not answering for Clint F] But a recent "observation", that pertains to your question, would suggest the answer to be...NO.
"Ya have to participate, in order to be "included""...seemed to be the consensus. ;)
Fair enough, I get being tight-lipped about fishing locations, I don't quite get being hush-hush about flies... Esp given i'm sure half of what got tied for this swap has SBS guides on this forum anyway. I just like to see the variety of ties that this community comes up with.

Anyway, it's up to you guys and I'll try to keep my eyes open to jump on then next swap.

:)

FinLuver

Fair enough, I get being tight-lipped about fishing locations, I don't quite get being hush-hush about flies... Esp given i'm sure half of what got tied for this swap has SBS guides on this forum anyway. I just like to see the variety of ties that this community comes up with.

Anyway, it's up to you guys and I'll try to keep my eyes open to jump on then next swap.

:)
EXACTLY ^^^...!! :)

holtad

So your contention is that guys want to keep their unique patterns to themselves? I guess I don't understand the point unless you were tying commercially... Like me having your exact flavor of a squimp/flatwing/chartruse & pink clouser/ keta rose/ surf candy/ sculpin / etc... is going to impact your fishing somehow?

But again, i'll just have to jump into the next swap to see what all the magic sauce is all about :)

Latest posts