Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

How Many Steelhead Have You Caught This Season?

How Many Steelhead Have You Caught This Season?

9K views 68 replies 41 participants last post by  Dave Maddock 
#1 ·
Just wondering.

#46 ·
Only started trying at this game back in Dec 17... Zero as expected (4 trips), maybe one tug - hard to know when you’ve never caught one. Despite that I love getting out on the PNW rivers for the spectacular scenery and (only during winter I guess) solitude.
All the rivers are closed now right, unless I can get across to the OP again?

Attachments

#47 ·
Only started trying at this game back in Dec 17... Zero as expected (4 trips), maybe one tug - hard to know when you've never caught one. Despite that I love getting out on the PNW rivers for the spectacular scenery and (only during winter I guess) solitude.
All the rivers are closed now right, unless I can get across to the OP again?
No, the OP is closed. All rivers.

#53 ·
I caught 8 or 9, all on the Trinity River in CA. Half swingin and half bobber lobbin. I managed to catch fish on every trip out this year. My best laid plans to hit the better quality, but tougher fisheries on the coast didn't materialize in Feb-March and now the season is done.

#63 ·
My final one, #18, was on the bank - I hadn't brought a net because I was fussing with a new line, not out there intending to catch fish - and while I tried to figure out what to do with the rod, the hook came out and it flopped back in before I could dive on it. Some people think the judges should award me a half-fish for that, but alas, the judges thought differently. :(

#67 ·
My final one, #18, was on the bank - I hadn't brought a net because I was fussing with a new line, not out there intending to catch fish - and while I tried to figure out what to do with the rod, the hook came out and it flopped back in before I could dive on it. Some people think the judges should award me a half-fish for that, but alas, the judges thought differently. :(
If you touch the leader, it counts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.