Tying vise trash collectors

I just swipe the cat across the table. When my wife gets cranky about the bits and pieces falling out of his fur I tell her, “Talk to him. He's the one making the mess!”

I tried that once with my sons cat. I've still got the scars to prove it. Nothing worse than a vacuum with claws.

PhilR

In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey
My drink is usually in one (mason jar) while tying...I can see a conflict happening.
And at $50 a bottle...expensive too.
Hey, my moonshine tastes like elk hair.

Nick, I use a shallow wooden box from a craft store. It catches scraps as well as dropped beads and hooks. I drilled a few holes in it for frequently used tools. I like it much better than the fabric ones that always seem to get in the way.

View attachment 161300
Holy snap, Freestone. That’s a great idea. I’m going to look for one of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
I use a plastic grocery bag secured across the front of my pedestal - 1 bag handle loop over the vise stem tensioning knob & the other loop & the desk-side of the bag tucked under the pedestal base. When it's half-full, I toss it & replace with another. For me, this works better than any other container I've ever tried. I also run my cordless vac over the desk surface & the adjacent floor after every tying session.

Philonius

I employ the KISS principle; Standard waste basket that always sits under my desk gets shifted to between my knees when I'm tying, and stuff goes in there. Empty weekly with the rest of the containers around the house. Touch up desk area and floor with a damp rag or vacuum cleaner after tying session as needed.

I love the Ty Wheel system... Whenever given the chance I steal Brita's. The bag attachment for scraps gets thrown in the closet with every stupid gadget I have purchased thinking I would love it. I found a trashcan next to me and a Tupperware next to the vise is typically the cleanest set up I have found. The Tywheel is particularly awesome for catching beads, mono eyes, and feathers, also never burying your whip finisher and keeping prepped material clean and organized is a huge plus for the Ty Wheel.

The company is actually a couple really nice people as well. Nice enough that I am going to buy a second one for myself soon.

Tacoma Red

Nick, I use a shallow wooden box from a craft store. It catches scraps as well as dropped beads and hooks. I drilled a few holes in it for frequently used tools. I like it much better than the fabric ones that always seem to get in the way.

View attachment 161300

This also works well with me but my box is a lower profile and I've lined it with some magnetic strips in case I drop beads and hooks.

Latest posts