Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Wind and rain

Tags
and rain wind
4K views 52 replies 16 participants last post by  TJ Fisher 
#1 ·
#45 ·
Those birds sound like common murres... We use them to locate bait (which in turn helps to locate Chinook) off Northern California/Southern Oregon.

View attachment 161460
Those are it! Thanks Bob.
It was quite a surprise to find fish around these guys. Coming from the east coast, if the birds aren't dive bombing the water it's usually not much point in expecting something to be there.

#46 ·
I hit a North sound beach on the outgoing this morning. For about 2 hours it was on fire and at one point hooked about 15 rezzies on 25ish casts, probably 8 to hand. All cookie cutter 14-16 inch'ers. It slowed down as the tide started to bottom out so I wandered down the beach to fished a rock garden and found a src or two behind just about every big rock. All on the small side and one had the post-spawn snakey figure, basically all head and a tail:). I had the beach to my self for about 3 hrs before some other guys wandered in.

I fished the same basic squimp fly all day and seemed to get a strike to just about every rise i saw.

First day with the new airflow beach line and it was great. I was shooting line way out and had almost zero running line issues today. The cross wind was a little in my face but was just right for my southpaw action and I felt like Superman booming it out there, which was needed to get out to the rezzies.

Big props to my wife for giving me the hall pass to fish :) Normally in Feb I'd use that to go skiing but the temps we up and fishing was the right call!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#52 ·
C'mon TJ. You know all the fish are in the south sound this time of year.

Seriously folks, nothing to see up north. I haven't even caught a sculpin up in these parts since at least September. If TJ has found some fish, they must be on the Seattle side. The Kitsap side is a barron wasteland....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.