Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Wind and rain

Tags
and rain wind
4K views 52 replies 16 participants last post by  TJ Fisher 
#1 ·
#23 ·
Strip set I thought was pretty good. Didn't have a problem getting clouser type flies to stick. With the squimp they'd grab it as soon as it moved and then was gone. If I'd let it sit for a second and do a short strip it'd come back for another swipe just couldn't get it stuck.

And that strip set led to 2 lost flies lol maybe going a little overboard with it.

#26 ·
First off, no question, Nick’s ties will catch fish. Second though, and I hesitate to be the internet police, seriously, but any time I read a post that includes: “the wife”xxx, I cringe in disbelief. Do you have a FUCKING clue how demeaning that is? seriously? Sorry for the rant, and I’m far from pure, but my god, please improve respective.

#28 ·
Nice
First off, no question, Nick's ties will catch fish. Second though, and I hesitate to be the internet police, seriously, but any time I read a post that includes: "the wife"xxx, I cringe in disbelief. Do you have a FUCKING clue how demeaning that is? seriously? Sorry for the rant, and I'm far from pure, but my god, please improve respective.
I don't know; some of that "the wife xxx" stuff is pretty good, from what I hear.

#30 ·
Best reason to strip set until you feel the fish is chasers. If you strip set the fly continues to fish in the same direction and generally is moving faster just like a fleeing baitfish that just got nipped. Just keep stripping that fly until you come tight, sometimes youll get 3 or 4 grabs in a single cast, so stay with it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

#32 ·
I think you have to defer to TJ on how he meant that and how his wife would take it. (Substitute "the boss" in that same sentence. Still seem demeaning?)
I hope that if his wife sees this thread she can see and be happy about how much joy her guy's getting out of a stolen day of fishing. Jeez, you can hear how much fun he's having in every update! I might have to steal a day next week myself...

#41 ·
There definitely are a lot of fish out there. Just finished filling out my log book for the day. While I tried to limit my phone use and focus on learning a few things today I managed to land somewhere in the "greedy" range as far as catches with many misses. I put in a lot of work walking nearly 12 miles lol

While this may be beach specific one thing that always rang true today, wherever these birds were sitting on the water and diving for fish I always managed to hook up with more than one fish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.