NFR A taste of home

TJ Fisher

Since moving to Washington there's a lot of things that I can no longer get like UTZ potatoes chips, Turkey Hill ice tea, and Tasty Kakes chocolate eclairs pies.

Those I can probably live without for a while but what I am desperately craving is scrapple. Is there anywhere I can get this in Washington?

Jerry Daschofsky

Staff member
Since moving to Washington there's a lot of things that I can no longer get like UTZ potatoes chips, Turkey Hill ice tea, and Tasty Kakes chocolate eclairs pies.

Those I can probably live without for a while but what I am desperately craving is scrapple. Is there anywhere I can get this in Washington?
Yes, there are quite a few places that sell it. I do believe Stewart's in McKenna does.

I bet most of the stuff you're wanting can be shipped in. If I can get stuff from the UK shipped to my door, I bet you can get stuff from the East coast sent in.

TJ Fisher

Thanks! While the other stuff I'm not to worried about, family usually ships care packages a couple times a year with junk food. I'm not to keen on having meat products shipped across the country.

Jerry Daschofsky

Staff member
Thanks! While the other stuff I'm not to worried about, family usually ships care packages a couple times a year with junk food. I'm not to keen on having meat products shipped across the country.
It's not a problem, do it. Shipping is my job and I deliver a lot of regional foods from across the US (and some international foods that legally can be imported). If packed properly will be here safe and edible.

I used to have Scottish meats and misc sent from the East coast and directly from Scotland. Found a local shop that makes the meats and another that sells the odds and ends from Scotland.

jersey

livin' the dream
Saturday I found pork roll in the supermarket. "New product" tag on the shelf.. Happy day!

Breakfast and lunch on sunday was fantastic.

I here ya about some well done scrapple and syrup, man I miss it too.

Mark Moore

Just a Member
Dude, RAPA brand scrapple is named for my great grand father. My grandmother made the best scrapple, talk about a distant memory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jersey

livin' the dream
Two eggs over easy, hash browns, and well done scrapple brings back deer hunt memories.

Old hunting friend of my dad would smoke through breakfast and put salt on his bacon.

Darby

Doesn’t Uncle Thurms, in Downtown Tacoma, have a sign in window saying they serve Scrapple?

Last edited:

Latest posts