NFR A taste of home

jersey

livin' the dream
Well, pretty much sausage scrap left-overs, some corn meal, and other items which appear to be meat...delightfully delicious.

Hoping @Mark Moore will share the recipe!

From the label...

Pork Stock, Pork Livers, Pork Fat, Pork Snouts, Corn Meal, Pork Hearts, Wheat Flour, Salt, Spices.

TJ Fisher

It was an every morning when I was fishing. I can remember as a young kid, my grandfather would take me fishing for the weekend and I'd be woken at 3am to the smell of scrapple cooking on the wood stove. Scrapple, eggs over easy, and black coffee. By 4am we were loading the boat to go crabbing for the day. Can still feel the salt filled rope burns from putting out 1500' trot lines.

jamma

Well, pretty much sausage scrap left-overs, some corn meal, and other items which appear to be meat...delightfully delicious.

From the label...

Pork Stock, Pork Livers, Pork Fat, Pork Snouts, Corn Meal, Pork Hearts, Wheat Flour, Salt, Spices.
George Carlin:Could be meat,could be cake.I know!It's meatcake!

TJ Fisher

I found scrapple in my local saars, you can order tastykakes off amazon, but cheesesteaks you're gonna have to make yourself.
I'm use to that, I've tried ordering a so called cheesesteak which I've gotten anywhere from heated roast beef to some kind of processed meat product.

From the label...

My grandmother said, and I quote, “it’s everything that fell on the floor when they butchered the pigs”. I have never known my grandmother to tell a lie....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as I love Scrapple and TastyCakes, I firmly believe you can’t buy a real sub if you’re more than 100 miles from Philly. There’s a guy here in Vancouver that flies his bread in 3 times a week and the meats are all Boars Head but he puts some jacked up salad dressing on them and ruins the entire thing.

And I miss Grotto’s pizza from Rehoboth Beach. Escape from New York in NW Portland is pretty close though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk