Burky7139

Hey everybody,
Doing research for a replacement for my echo solo 7129. Its been a great rod, but I'm looking to step up to a premium quality rod . Have demoed a 7134 burky, and a sage mod 7130. I really like them both. I am mostly a skagit thrower but have started to cast a scandi for summer work. I am also interested in hearing any opinion on the 7139 burky. I have read some of the reviews on the 7133 -3 burky and am considering it as well.
Any input is greatly appreciated .
Dave

I haven't cast the 7139 or 7133, but the 7134 is a rod that I fish year round for steelhead and is probably my most fished rod. While its a great dry line summer scandi rod (Gaelforce 8wt at 463 grains or a 480 Rio/Airflo), it is equally great with a 540 skagit or Nextcast Steelhead Finder in winter. I'd love to add a 7139 to the quiver, but would likely dedicate that rod to slightly longer lines. From what I've gleaned reading numerous reviews on the 7133-3 (a little stronger than the 7134 and the three piece rods tend to load deep), it would also be a great all-around rod capable of fishing both skagit and scandi. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the rods you mention.

Hey everybody,
Doing research for a replacement for my echo solo 7129. Its been a great rod, but I'm looking to step up to a premium quality rod . Have demoed a 7134 burky, and a sage mod 7130. I really like them both. I am mostly a skagit thrower but have started to cast a scandi for summer work. I am also interested in hearing any opinion on the 7139 burky. I have read some of the reviews on the 7133 -3 burky and am considering it as well.
Any input is greatly appreciated .
Dave
Since you mentioned the 7139 I will chime in. I think all the Burky 7wts are pretty solid but the 7139 is just a step above especially for lines in the 45 to 55ft range. The first time I cast the proto of this rod I loved it. Basically its as sweet as the 8139-3 or 8139-4 but in a lower grain window and lighter in hand. If you want a bit more in depth info Im happy to share.

Latest posts