Hatchery ghosts! Tulalip ghost catchers to the rescue!

TULALIP TRIBES REGULATION NO: 2017-214-104(Steelhead 8A1,8A2,8A3,8A4, 8D) DATE ADOPTED: 02/05/2018 EFFECTIVE DATES: February 06, 2018 through March 30th, 2018 FISHERY TYPE: Commercial SUPERSEDES/MODIFIES REGULATION NO: None

Area: 8A1,8A2,8A3,8A4, 8D Species: Steelhead --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Treaty Steelhead opening in area 8A1, 8A2, 8A3, 8A4. 8D to target harvestable hatchery steelhead --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Gillnet (5 inch min. mesh) Skiff Gillnet (5 inch min. mesh) Setnet (5 inch min. mesh) Beach Seine; Roundhaul

SCHEDULE: During the period 02/06/2018 - 03/30/2018:

OPEN MONDAY through FRIDAY, OPEN daily at 7:00 AM and CLOSE daily at 5:00 PM

Area restriction: Fishing is closed to all gear in that portion of Area 8A in Port Susan north of a line extended west from Kayak Point to the tower on Camano Island. The upstream boundary of Area 8A3 in the Snohomish River is the I-5 bridge

I mean this announcement obviously came from somewhere online. local.nixle.com has some older posting from the tribe. Just looking for an official outlet so its not second hand.

Rob Allen

Nearly two months of netting on ESA listed fish?

No tribal member who cared about the future of the run would put a net in the river.
Or another way to say it.

Any tribal angler who puts a net in the river proves he doesn't care

Last edited:

o mykiss

Internet hoax? Seems unreal that a fishery like this could occur in light of the ESA listing of Puget Sound steelhead. I thought the hatchery fish on the Snohomish are early returning Chambers Creek fish. Seems like the only steelhead likely to be caught in this fishery are wild fish.

bk paige

Wishin I was on the Sauk
So the Tulalip has always done a very small ceremonial fishery, is this just the standard wording for this fishery alwoing them to fish on optimal days? If not 5 days a week for 2 months is insane!

Latest posts