Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Has anyone fished Dubai?

924 views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  DiejehHehdudhhe8373737 
#1 ·
Posted this in the fly fishing forum, but thought I'd post here as well. Has anyone fly fished Dubai? May end up having a 24 hr layover there later this month. Fishing there looks pretty sweet based on some minimal research. What would it set me back? I am guessing it might be a little out of my budget range due to the lavishness of the locale, but thought I'd check. Also, is the fishing difficult? I haven't ever really gotten into the tropical saltwater game. Any info would help. Thanks!

#5 ·
Thanks Bart, I'll give them a call.

And thanks to you as well Bob, that'd be great. I've done a little research and have found only a couple guides. I've reached out to one of them, hoping for a response tomorrow. I'll ultimately have to decide if I want to fish or spend the day seeing the sights and checking out the beach.

#13 · (Edited)
James, first of all thank you and your colleagues for your service

I never ended up doing the day of fishing in Dubai. Essentially I couldn't justify the cost as it was gonna cost me about $800+ for a half day. Maybe that's normal for a fishery like this one, but too heavy of an amount for me. With only 24 jet-lagged hours there, I decided that I'd probably have enough foggy-headed fun just bumming around seeing the sights for the day without having to spend a grand, which I did. If I was there for longer I definitely would have thought harder about fishing for a day.

I exchanged some emails with Ocean Active - they sound like a good outfit, they were helpful and communicative and offered to help arrange all transportation (I also follow them on Instagram and they look legit). I'm not sure if there are even any other guide options there. It sounds like Queenfish is the primary game with possibly some shots at golden trevally and mahi if lucky.

I stayed at the Arabian Courtyard Hotel down by some of the old souks and the river and just walked around that part of town exploring the markets and taking the small boats/abras across the river which costs like $1/trip. It was a great time. I had plans to go to the Burj Khalifa that night and go up the tower for some sunset views but passed out at like 7 pm so that didn't happen.
Window Sky Road surface Beige Door

Sky Building Flag Tower Window

Water Sky Watercraft Building Boat

Water Sky Boat Watercraft Vehicle

Water Sky Boat Watercraft Naval architecture

View attachment 183299
View attachment 183353
View attachment 183355
View attachment 183364
View attachment 183365

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.