Deschutes river now deemed navigable

And hundreds of thousands of safe trips.
No more regulation is needed.
If we always regulate to the least common denominator no one will be able to do anything. That's called Tyrany every regulation is a step closer and the last 30 years we have been running towards it.

YES i am saying that coast guard regulation of the Deschutes river is a step towards having a tyranical government.
What is astounding is that it is not paunfully obvious to everyone. The path of good intentions does not lead to a benevolent government.

My god you're delusional.

This is not "more regulation". This is regulations being enforced properly. Are you seriously saying that you're in favor of untrained, unlicensed, and unaccountable guides running power boats up and down the river at high rates of speed with a boat full of paying customers?

This is not "more regulation". This is regulations being enforced properly. Are you seriously saying that you're in favor of untrained, unlicensed, and unaccountable guides running power boats up and down the river at high rates of speed with a boat full of paying customers?
That's exactly what he's advocating for some reason. By forcing guides to adhere to CG regulations, we're instantly commies in his mind.

And hundreds of thousands of safe trips.
No more regulation is needed.
If we always regulate to the least common denominator no one will be able to do anything. That's called Tyrany every regulation is a step closer and the last 30 years we have been running towards it.

YES i am saying that coast guard regulation of the Deschutes river is a step towards having a tyranical government.
What is astounding is that it is not paunfully obvious to everyone. The path of good intentions does not lead to a benevolent government.

I also have no issues with Hickman. The little bit i have dealt with him he was a nice guy.
I completely agree with Rob on this except for the part about Hickman being a nice guy.

Rob Allen

Seeing as how you are totally spinning this and paining deschutes guides in a hideous light . The answer is yes ! Absolutely! I want untrained unregulated guides running up and down the river at high rates of speed. Just as they have been doing for decades..

And quite frankly it is of no concern whatsoever of the residents of Puget Sound.

Seeing as how you are totally spinning this and paining deschutes guides in a hideous light . The answer is yes ! Absolutely! I want untrained unregulated guides running up and down the river at high rates of speed. Just as they have been doing for decades..

And quite frankly it is of no concern whatsoever of the residents of Puget Sound.

Hahaha I forgot were only allowed to comment on threads discussing waters within our county of residence. Guess that means I wont be seeing you comment on things like the Pebble Mine or Skagit steelhead right? :rolleyes:

Yah he doesn't have the best reputation on the lower Deschutes. This was the third time I know of that the cops were called on him. One of which was by Tom Larimer.
Ouch, what do you got to do to piss that guy off? He has the patients of a saint and is about as fair as they come. Larimer has always been classy in any interaction I've witnessed.

Klickrolf

You guys are silly and as usual Rob is correct again! If you think guides, unqualified and unlicensed guides, are going to float the Deschutes from Mack's to the mouth with paying clients you're more confused than most people. Unqualified Jet sledding guides might try it up from the mouth but they'll figure out real quick if it was a good idea. These kind of guides remove themselves from the guiding community real quick if they don't learn real quick.

I think some of you guys "almost" hate Rob because he's almost always correct!

Last edited:

Rob Allen

Being a "nice guy" doesn't give someone a pass on breaking the law!
If he's guiding without a license, he's no better then a poacher.
Just like anyone who has ever done anything wrong. Also i searched and found nothing about this until i see something official i am going to assume this is all just jealousy and gossip. And none of his alleged actions have any bearing on this discussion.