Deschutes river now deemed navigable

Rob Allen

That isn't the point though. Maybe I agree with you, maybe I don't. You are saying it doesn't matter because I don't live where you live. I don't discount you because of where your address. Damn dude, obviously we are all her because we enjoy the same stuff.
Yes i think everyones opinion matters. I think local opinions should carry more weight on local issues. Otherwise rural people will get overruled by urban people every time. Very much like having to pay taxes to far off England.

Which part of this do you find common ground with?QUOTE]

Mainly the parts about Washington and other states becoming nanny states. They keep coming up with new laws and seem to forget that enforcing the ones we have costs less time and money and actually impacts lawless behaviour more than new laws on the books. The boaters card in Washington is a joke. It's a way to get forty bucks out of everyone. I learned nothing from getting it. Then again with half the stupidity I see on the water maybe it's not a terrible idea. Maybe it is maybe it isn't. Though I'm far less absolute than Rob I don't like the trend in nanny laws. Let the chips fall where they may and deal with bad actors. If we punished those that broke laws we had that would be more effective.

Rob Allen

I agree. Rob gets called a lot of names but I never see him lose his cool. He is a simple man in his beliefs. I agree with him on a lot of stuff too.

This has been an interesting thread. I grew up fishing the lower Deschutes with my Dad. Haven't fished it in probably 15 years however. I heard its changed a lot. Will be fun to take my son back when he gets older.

Fish for trout any time other than salmon fly hatch and you'll find plenty of room to fish. For steelhead fish down by the mouth after the crowd moves up to Maupin in mid october.

Rob Allen

I agree. Rob gets called a lot of names but I never see him lose his cool. He is a simple man in his beliefs. I agree with him on a lot of stuff too.

This has been an interesting thread. I grew up fishing the lower Deschutes with my Dad. Haven't fished it in probably 15 years however. I heard its changed a lot. Will be fun to take my son back when he gets older.

I have simple beliefs because we live in a simple world that is only complicated by people not accepting simple facts.

Latest posts