Swap Spey Fly Swap

Max P

I am certainly in for this if there is one spot left! Let me know!
You are added.

So for the people that are committed, how many participants should we have? Right now you would need to tie 5 flies of your selected Spey patterns. Also timeline, I'm in no hurry and don't want to rush anyone.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You are added.

So for the people that are committed, how many participants should we have? Right now you would need to tie 5 flies of your selected Spey patterns. Also timeline, I'm in no hurry and don't want to rush anyone.

I think keeping it between 5-8 flies would be reasonable. Closing it off on Friday is a good idea.

For timeline, I think mid-March (4-5 weeks) would be a good time to get everything into you Max. I'm not apposed to more time though.

- O

Max P

So I went to some fly shops this weekend looking for the right material and I couldn't find the quality I was looking for to dye. With that said I won't be dying my materials.

Max P

I got started tonight, and it was a humbling experience. It's been awhile. I'm not happy with the red strung saddle hackle I used. It doesn't seem thick enough, does anybody have any recommendations on the appropriate hackle to use? Also I think the blue eared pheasant feather I used is too small, need to go bigger next time.

FinLuver

Speys should be thin (at least that's what's printed); might leave the tailing materials off (or go short...shorter still) and use floss for back half with triple tinsel; dub the front half ; the BEP could be a bit longer.

Recommend Shewey's or Veverka's on tyin' speys...both have excellent tips and tricks.

A good start!
[one that I have yet to venture onto yet] ;)