Fly Fishing and Camping at the Lake - Looking for Advice

Freestone

WFF Supporter
So, just to be clear:

1. You are talking about the March 1st opener

2. By "quality lake", since Lenice is not a "fly fishing only" lake, you mean with the same regs as Lenice (SGR, 1 fish limit) or better

If so, I think there are only 4 other lakes in E WA that meet that criteria.

2 allow camping at the lake, 2 don't

I have never driven a trailer, much less a 32' one, so I have no idea if you could get something that big into them.

Last edited:

dp

~El Pescador
Park and Blue lake are not on the early opener. I didn't think Dry Falls was either - I could be wrong - and didn't check.
I've pulled into the Lenice lot during the opener in the past and it looks like a circus has come to town as there are so many campers.

Scott Salzer

previously micro brew
WFF Supporter
Trip - hope you aren’t thinking of Reynold’s “Resort”. Did they finally open the spot(s) along the river? Heard there were some problems.

I do like Dry Falls but you aren’t on the lake so you do have to drive to the lake. Nice campground, though. Blue, by Fish Lake, is a nice spot. Nothing but some parking spots and a one-holder but you can be close to the lake.

MB

triploidjunkie

Trip - hope you aren’t thinking of Reynold’s “Resort”. Did they finally open the spot(s) along the river? Heard there were some problems.

I do like Dry Falls but you aren’t on the lake so you do have to drive to the lake. Nice campground, though. Blue, by Fish Lake, is a nice spot. Nothing but some parking spots and a one-holder but you can be close to the lake.

MB
It's got full hookups for trailers. Wouldn't have to use the outhouse;)

Vladimir Steblina

Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working
I have fished there often,the fishing is terrible. But there’s no competition!

I hear the fishing is awful at Soap Lake.

The only reason to go shopping at Soap Lake is for groceries. Get the cheese "varenyky" and fix them for dinner served over real butter.

It is the simple foods that are the best. Just drop them in boiling water until they float. Quick and easy dinner. Betcha, can't eat just one.

landlocked

There used to be a bar there, that I think was called the Soap Lake Dinner Club or something. You had to walk downstairs to get to it. Anyhow, the bartender, an older gal (no so much older 20-plus years later), used to keep a gallon pickle jar full of prunes that shed been soaking in whatever leftover drips were in the clear well bottles. Hit that just right (usually late fall), and she'd give you one of those puppies all swelled up with gin, vodka, etc...holy sheeeyite they could kick your butt!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts