No Seahawks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jojo

i wondered too. I understand this is a fly fishing forum but now wondering if there is a trend to not necessarily wanting NFR threads here.

Because I love to read i was a longtime member on a book message board but we didn’t always talk about books. And as a result to this day i still have friends i have met in real life , (one i even went on vacation with) because of connecting on that message board even though the board is no longer active.

Good lord, i need a new avatar. Even i scare myself with this one!

GAT

Dumbfounded
i wondered too. I understand this is a fly fishing forum but now wondering if there is a trend to not necessarily wanting NFR threads here.

Because I love to read i was a longtime member on a book message board but we didn’t always talk about books. And as a result to this day i still have friends i have met in real life , (one i even went on vacation with) because of connecting on that message board even though the board is no longer active.

Good lord, i need a new avatar. Even i scare myself with this one!
Pish Posh.... you look great! :)

Jojo

@Montana1422, i have the same problem with arthritis in my hands. I thought i was going to have to cut off my wedding ring because of swollen knuckles and joints (it finally came off with the dental floss trick... i have a prescription for Diclofenac topical Gel for hands. It’s supposed to help with inflation. Still kind of early to tell though. Doubt it will help me get my ring back on, but i am hoping it helps with tying on my fly, gripping my fly rod and sewing better than they work now. I turned 60 this year and my hands turned 85.

Also wanted to add that i realize folks actually meet here in real life too and go fishing together. I don’t know what point i was trying to make, just trying to wade the waters here i guess. I think it’s if folks want to get back to mostly fishing posts then I’ll wait until i have a fishing report to post.

@Montana1422, i have the same problem with arthritis in my hands. I thought i was going to have to cut off my wedding ring because of swollen knuckles and joints (it finally came off with the dental floss trick... i have a prescription for Diclofenac topical Gel for hands. It’s supposed to help with inflation. Still kind of early to tell though. Doubt it will help me get my ring back on, but i am hoping it helps with tying on my fly, gripping my fly rod and sewing better than they work now. I turned 60 this year and my hands turned 85.

Also wanted to add that i realize folks actually meet here in real life too and go fishing together. I don’t know what point i was trying to make, just trying to wade the waters here i guess. I think it’s if folks want to get back to mostly fishing posts then I’ll wait until i have a fishing report to post.
You don't look a day over 45.

Buzzy

Kid! 60 years old: Junior. My hands ache most of the time hence the blue nitrile gloves when I go fishing when it is cold outside (yes, define cold). Last week we had dinner with some friends who told me about something called "flo-gel" (sp?) that they bought in a "pot" shop. Some kind of extract from the now legal business of marywanna. So, I stopped at a pot shop and bought something called "CPC 1:1 CBD/THC TOPICAL GEL". You know what? I think it might be helping a little bit (and you rub it on, not smoke it) with that arthritic ache.

Sorry @Montana1422 for rippin' off your Seahawks thread.

Jojo

Kid! 60 years old: Junior. My hands ache most of the time hence the blue nitrile gloves when I go fishing when it is cold outside (yes, define cold). Last week we had dinner with some friends who told me about something called "flo-gel" (sp?) that they bought in a "pot" shop. Some kind of extract from the now legal business of marywanna. So, I stopped at a pot shop and bought something called "CPC 1:1 CBD/THC TOPICAL GEL". You know what? I think it might be helping a little bit (and you rub it on, not smoke it) with that arthritic ache.

Sorry @Montana1422 for rippin' off your Seahawks thread.
ha! I think i want to turn this into a pot shop thread! Specifally edibles - because i have never smoked, don’t like it and would much prefer to eat it to get results. But I’ve wondered about the topical gels and because i have insomnia i wondered about edibles that would help me sleep.

thank you @Montana1422. I don’t feel 60. I feel like i’m still 32 years old. Running helps though my knees are starting to ache, they are still better than my hands, so i am interested in what works. Gonna try this prescription for awhile and see how it goes.

They have these little pen like things, that are vaporizers. Some CBD in one of those would help with insomnia. It's like smoking, but not all stinky and harsh. But you have to make sure that the THC content is low to nil, and the higher the CBD content the better. A couple puffs at bedtime does help with insomnia. And there are no side effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts