NFR Oh Deer!

GAT

Dumbfounded
In Corvallis we have urban deer. They've been around as long as we've lived here. A doe and her fawns visit my wife's flower beds in our front yard quite frequently -- much to the irritation to my wife. For generations the blacktail have taught their young how best to live in an urban setting. So, folks in town who would rather not provide breakfast, lunch and dinner for the deer, build tall fences around their gardens.

I checked to see if we had any recent photos and we do. Here's mom with one of her fawns on our front lawn looking for some flower to eat:

P1010694.jpg

They've learned to ignore dogs so my border collie barking at them had no effect.

Last edited:

jamma

My strangest siting was right in the middle of downtown Vancouver,WA where 39th Street crosses over I-5.Young buck was standing in the middle of the intersection there. There is a park there(Leverich),but however did he get there?Also,once saw a deer in downtown Bend where the main drag narrows to two lanes at the rail overpass.

Buzzy

Deer and all that white stuff. Deer, not so often in our yard and, THANKFULLY, the white stuff has all melted (and then I looked at Wednesday night's forecast......).

GAT

Dumbfounded
If you ever stay at the campgrounds at Wallowa Lake in Oregon, be prepared to be mugged by the deer.

Like the ones in Corvallis, the deer have been raised around humans for a very long time. They have no problem walking into your campground and begging for junk food. At one time we rented a cabin every few years at Wallowa Lake and it was not uncommon for mule deer to wander into the kitchen to seek food if we made the mistake of leaving the backdoor open.

They are especially fond of barbecue potato chips.

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
In Corvallis we have urban deer. They've been around as long as we've lived here. A doe and her fawns visit my wife's flower beds in our front yard quite frequently -- much to the irritation to my wife. For generations the blacktail have taught their young how best to live in an urban setting. So, folks in town who would rather not provide breakfast, lunch and dinner for the deer, build tall fences around their gardens.

I checked to see if we had any recent photos and we do. Here's mom with one of her fawns on our front lawn looking for some flower to eat:

View attachment 162096

They've learned to ignore dogs so my border collie barking at them had no effect.
I have heard there’s a lot of Beavers in Corvallis

Latest posts