Kfish

Had a rare opportunity to fish all day today so fish I must weather be damned.
No blackmouth, started too late and it was too sunny I suppose but plenty of white mouths and spotted olive mouths.
It was so cold, hard to handle line with frozen fingers but had one of the best day out there. Explored a few new beaches to me and found some chunky and feisty cohos and a nice cutt to end the day.
Water was churned up in most places and had to backcast at some to cope with the wind. Never considered a buff before but sure glad I got one to try today, helped a ton with the cold wind and sun exposure.
Until next time, good luck guys!

Lou

SquatchinSince86

Totally Unprofessional
i got one of the insulated buffs, on sale just for shits and giggles a few months ago. I love it. I think everyone who has bad mouthed them (probably including myself once or twice) just hadn't tried one yet.

Glad you got out and had a great day!

So, questions about timing... Are there any rezzies left in the south sound for the most part or they all moving north? What spurs this migration?

Kfish

i got one of the insulated buffs, on sale just for shits and giggles a few months ago. I love it. I think everyone who has bad mouthed them (probably including myself once or twice) just hadn't tried one yet.

Glad you got out and had a great day!

So, questions about timing... Are there any rezzies left in the south sound for the most part or they all moving north? What spurs this migration?
I'm not sure about the migration, but there are still plenty of rezzies in south sound. I was fishing MA 11 and 13.

Lou

No blackmouth, started too late and it was too sunny I suppose but plenty of white mouths and spotted olive mouths.
It was so cold, hard to handle line with frozen fingers but had one of the best day out there. Explored a few new beaches to me and found some chunky and feisty cohos and a nice cutt to end the day.
Water was churned up in most places and had to backcast at some to cope with the wind. Never considered a buff before but sure glad I got one to try today, helped a ton with the cold wind and sun exposure.

Lou
I made it out today too. Too sunny and choppy. And yea those buffs are pretty sweet. I got a polar one originally for snowboarding and it stays nice and warm and keeps you dry. It wasn't cheap though.

Lou
Buffs are pretty much an every day piece of fishing gear for me now. Warmth when it's cold and sun protection for long days on the water. But mainly warmth because fishing western WA is rarely warm.

Another beautiful and cold morning, no blackmouth still, but I got my first rezzie today. It’s nice when they jump in range. Also, cold fingers are lame. Picked up some 8 mil nitriles to go under my fingerless wooleys after searching for advice from the masters here. Hopefully that helps. Tomorrow morning we’ll go at it again. Probably too close to home to do any good but family obligations force me off the water early and more drive time means less fishing time.

Looks like another sunny day tomorrow, so it’s another cold-dark-thirty attempt for me. If I’m in just the right mindset, the sun on the water makes it easier to go home. All this homework, pouring over charts and google maps and tide predictions, and all the driving around is fun, but I hope I tie into a bucket full of good fish come summertime. I ought to have at least a few spots wired by then.

Latest posts