jasmillo

45 minutes on an 8 weight. I think you hooked a porpoise.

FYI- those are out of season and I would refrain from from dragging them up on the beach. You’re gonna find yourself skewered in “Blackfish 2” if you’re not careful...

Great getting out and getting into fish. Got me more excited about this weekend.

I will chalk this morning up to luck. While I've been there quite a few times and saw fish at this spot 75% of the time, the fly I was using is quite out of the ordinary. Half asleep when I tied it and can't say that it really resembles anything I've seen in the water. Hope everyone else is having a great day! I'll be back out after lunch.

If you see me on the beach say hi, if you ask how the fishing is prior to establishing your a wff member the answer is always 0 fish and 0 strikes.

can't say that it really resembles anything I've seen in the water.

Don't get too caught up in over thinking things, or trying to figure out what a particular fly resembles. It resembles food, obviously, or the fish would not have eaten it. Either that or it just pissed him off. Either way, we as humans will NEVER know why a fish eats a particular fly, or what they are thinking it resembles. Its my personal belief that fish will eat flies for reasons humans will never be able to understand. Just because you tied a shrimp fly and a fish ate it does not mean that fish saw it and thought "Oh Yum, a shrimp!". We don't truly know how these creatures even see, so what looks like a shrimp to us may not be even remotely close through the eyes of a fish.

Which brings me back to my big belief in confidence. Fish flies that you are confident will catch fish, and try not to over think it. The best way to get a fish to eat your fly for any reason is to spend as much time as possible with your fly in the water. You've been doing a great job of that so far, and that effort is clearly being rewarded.

Thanks Nick. I agree on not knowing why a fish hits certain flies or even color patterns. I guess if we could think like every species of fish we'd know for sure what to use.

Most everything I have tied so far has just been whatever pops into my head. While there are a lot of different fly patterns out there I'm trying to only make what I can envision. My wife laughs every time I look at a jig or a fly or swim bait and say if I was a fish I'd eat it.

Confidence does go a long way which goes back to if I was a fish I'd eat it.

I usually assume the fish is like me and either his Dad or fish friends dared or bet he wouldn't eat it so as long as there are double dog dares and fish money flowing around I figure there is at least one fish that will bite whatever you have on thats how I view things its good to stay positive

Bummer I have to be at the Lynwood show all weekend. Would love to be out there suffering in that weather!

I'll be thinking of you guys as I'm standing around in the warm building all day ;)

SquatchinSince86

Totally Unprofessional
I'm curious what setup folks are using.

I went out and screwed around with the 8wt. Between squalls, I dd see an otter with a nice rock fish in its mouth scurry up the bank.

Well all in all it was a good day. Managed to land a few small rezzies and dirty up the truck with fly tying material.

While I don't think they'll read this, the guys that were out in 8 2 past dark on a boat. Your voice carries quite a ways and while indeed you waited out the fish checker. Wdfw has your license plate number. (6 fish and 2 fishermen and no Budweiser isn't good.)

Will be back out early tomorrow, a little closer to home.

Well all in all it was a good day. Managed to land a few small rezzies and dirty up the truck with fly tying material.

While I don't think they'll read this, the guys that were out in 8 2 past dark on a boat. Your voice carries quite a ways and while indeed you waited out the fish checker. Wdfw has your license plate number. (6 fish and 2 fishermen and no Budweiser isn't good.)

Will be back out early tomorrow, a little closer to home.

Nice job reporting that BS. I have zero tolerance for that kind of scum

Latest posts