NFR The irony of watching the Olympics...

Jojo

0CBD1ECE-2DCF-4CBC-849C-94915051278D.jpeg
I DVR everything on the Olympics (but fast forward through the curling and the luge.) As a result my own workouts have suffered these past few days as I’ve been parked on the sofa watching for hours. My Vivofit tracker is registering only an average of a mere 3,000 steps a day.

Anyone else watching?

Watching Ben Ferguson from Bend killing it on the men’s half pipe. His first run started with the biggest air fakie I’ve ever seen. Pure awesomeness.

Then they did a brief bio on him and showed him land a nice 16” trout on a fly rod. I’m ignoring the bobber part....

Not much in life is as pure as the olympics.

DVR! I am looking forward to seeing Shaun White and the halfpipe, but i’m not caught up to my DVR yet.
I am currently watching the men's halfpipe. I'm not watching it this year like I used to. I am catching bits and glimpses. I do prefer those events that bit person against the clock.

Jojo

I was just being a smart ass:)
I knew that. And i wouldn’t mind if you were anyway. I would be envious of my retirement too! It IS so nice being retired, though i often get called back to my old job and will be doing so again...but not until the day after the Olympics end.

I DVRd three days and waited to start watching so i always having something. But i get caught up in how many hours there are!

I love the halfpipe and snowboarding! Wish i could adopt Red Gerard and Chloe Kim! And of course i love the ice skating too. I wish i knew more of the stories and hype surrounding the athletes though. I have missed a lot.

flybill

Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!
I'm watching some of them, do enjoy the snow boarding and skiing. For some reason I love to watch curling... should figure out when it is, but haven't been home much, even with the start of my 9 day's off! Worked down at a distillery today for a bit and working at a winery tomorrow and enjoying the sun.. this work is voluntary and pay's in spirits and wine respectively!

Might fish a beach on Thursday or Friday, or head over to the Yakima...

flybill

I'm watching some of them, do enjoy the snow boarding and skiing. For some reason I love to watch curling... should figure out when it is, but haven't been home much, even with the start of my 9 day's off! Worked down at a distillery today for a bit and working at a winery tomorrow and enjoying the sun.. this work is voluntary and pay's in spirits and wine respectively!

flybill

flybill

flybill

flybill

flybill

flybill

flybill

flybill

flybill

Latest posts