NFR The irony of watching the Olympics...

GAT

Dumbfounded
There's probably some sports out there less interesting than curling but I sure can't think of one. .. even with good looking contestants...

Watching Ben Ferguson from Bend killing it on the men’s half pipe. His first run started with the biggest air fakie I’ve ever seen. Pure awesomeness.
Huge style points for that move. As he was going up I kept waiting for a spin or method, then he hit the apex and kept the grab, my brain caught up and I thought to myself "F#$% he's landing that monster fakie!"

Women's Slalom starts at 5:15 tonight. Looking forward to Shiffrin's runs.

The Olympics are great. But if you don't DVR them, your head will explode. They fill them with so much BS and commercials, it's off the chart. And Mike Tirico is a jackass. Got dumped from ESPN for being too touchy feely with the ladies, and now he's the prime time guy on NBC? WTF?

@Jojo What's wrong with Luge? Takes some serious guts. Did you see the crash by the USA women's Luger? She walked away. But it was scary to watch.

Shad

Watching more this year than I have in decades... And really enjoying it.

Luge is great. Bobsled, too. Especially now that they have point of view cameras that show you what it looks like from the sledder's perspective. Intense!

Half-pipe QUALIFER had me yelling "Holy shit!" at my TV almost constantly. What the heck will the medal round look like?

Was really cool to see an American win a solo medal in luge for a change.

Jojo

The Olympics are great. But if you don't DVR them, your head will explode. They fill them with so much BS and commercials, it's off the chart.

@Jojo What's wrong with Luge? Takes some serious guts. Did you see the crash by the USA women's Luger? She walked away. But it was scary to watch.
YES, it would be so hard to watch without DVR, so much stuff i don’t care about besides the commercials. And then it gets confusing about the repeats. I just LOVE the halfpipe! All the snowboarding is fun. And i love the ski jumps too!

This is going to make me sound really bad but i only watch the luge by fast forwarding and I’m only looking to see if there is a crash but i haven’t seen the womens’ luge yet i need to catch up on my DVR. I am amazed people are willing to do such a thing. But at least something is at risk, unlike curling, which i don’t get at all. Where’s the athleticism and dare?

This cartoon was in my newspaper yesterday. Cracked me up. Pretty much what i did all day yesterday watching. Today i did get out for a run and had stuff to do so i just started watching before i have to go bowling! (Our league starts today.) HEY, how come bowling isn’t in the Olympics? If curling is allowed, so should bowling.
AD99E90A-27F0-4614-BC95-6709C5583E84.jpeg

Jojo

Watching more this year than I have in decades... And really enjoying it.

Half-pipe QUALIFER had me yelling "Holy shit!" at my TV almost constantly. What the heck will the medal round look like?
YES! The Qualifer yesterday for halfpipe was amazing! I can’t imagine that the finals can beat that! I hope Ben Ferguson can get in there.

Shad

I really think the current political climate might explain why I'm watching the Olympics again. It feels really, really good to take pride in my country, and the show of global goodwill is refreshing amid constant news of nuclear proliferation and international cyber crime.

Watching Ben Ferguson from Bend killing it on the men’s half pipe. His first run started with the biggest air fakie I’ve ever seen. Pure awesomeness.

Then they did a brief bio on him and showed him land a nice 16” trout on a fly rod. I’m ignoring the bobber part....

Not much in life is as pure as the olympics.
that air to fakie was awesome and i was sooooo happy to see such a commiting and stylish trick on the big stage.

super stoked to see Mr. White lay down an amazing run and win in the final moments of the halfpipe event. Hands down the greatest halfpipe snowboarder ever.

Latest posts