Snow Goose project!

Salmo_g

That is a beautiful boat and restoration job!

If I may ask, where do you get the UHMW strips to put on the keel and skids on the boat bottom? I think I could use some.

N-forker

That is a beautiful boat and restoration job!

If I may ask, where do you get the UHMW strips to put on the keel and skids on the boat bottom? I think I could use some.
Hi Salmo_G. Good question that I don't have an answer to. The UHMW strips came on the hull when I purchased it. They are about 3/8" thick, and appear to be cut to dimension on a table saw or with a circular saw from a flat sheet.

Merle

Not New, Just rarely post...
Awesome project - Great job! I built a wooden pram a few years back and your picture tutorial brought back a lot of memories. mostly of sanding. and sanding. and then more sanding. Your boat really looks phenomenal and I really dig the motor set up you found. How long is the hull and how's it perform with the 50/35 jet?

BTW Salmo - I think I bought some UHMW strips for my pram chines at a place called onlineplastics.com.

N-forker

Awesome project - Great job! I built a wooden pram a few years back and your picture tutorial brought back a lot of memories. mostly of sanding. and sanding. and then more sanding. Your boat really looks phenomenal and I really dig the motor set up you found. How long is the hull and how's it perform with the 50/35 jet?

BTW Salmo - I think I bought some UHMW strips for my pram chines at a place called onlineplastics.com.
Hi Merle,

The design specs state 15' 7" so I'm guessing 16' including the anchor boom extension, although I haven't actually put a tape on the center line. I should probably do that! The 50/35 works really well, and can get the boat up on step with 2-3 people pretty quickly. As with all things, there are compromises. I chose a Jet to let me have a "Swiss Army Knife" of a boat doing many things pretty well. She could accommodate a bit larger motor after initial testing, maybe even up to a 60 4 Stroke power head, base on how she sits in the water with the existing motor, and would be even faster as a prop drive, but this little 2 stroke is much lighter, and goes plenty fast for me right now.

I'd love to see a pic of the boat you built.

Cheers~

Latest posts