Sea-Run Cutthroat Trout rules.

The dude told me point blank that cutts nearly swallow the hook on account of the nature of the soft plastic, fishes from the shore, surely does not wet his hands before grabbing the fish, and I sure have not seen a nice rubber landing net.

My point is generally that people can stay within the regulations while still finding a way to nearly ensure a high post catch mortality.

Drifting a soft plastic is not the hardest thing to conceptualize: throw soft plastic out in current and let it drift? Excuse me if I am somehow misusing a technical term?

But hey, I only care about the fishery. That's all.
Should have been fishing a flatwing. Lol

Bob Triggs

Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!
One thing that stands out here is the diversity of the sea run coastal cutthroat trout fishing on our marine waters, as far as timing of early or late return fish, to their spawning waters, and the varying seasonal quality of angling from south sound to north sound waters.

One thing that stands out here is the diversity of the sea run coastal cutthroat trout fishing on our marine waters, as far as timing of early or late return fish, to their spawning waters, and the varying seasonal quality of angling from south sound to north sound waters.
Agreed. As well as the distinct passions of those who fish them north to south.... or south to north depending on how you look at it man... good thread thanks

Klickrolf

That made me think about wild steelhead, which also have or used to have, nearly 6 months of spawning potential, maybe more? Sounds like you guys have a very enjoyable fishery around the sound for SRC, hope it doesn't trend the way wild steelhead have.

TJ Fisher

There's a lot of great info here! Thanks, being new to the fishery it helps in not only understanding the fishery but impacts on the fish and how to minimize the likelihood of mortality.

All that tax goes to subsidizing fly fishing addiction which is apparently growing at an alarming rate around here man.... However now that you mention it proper landing nets are expensive and most likely require a grass roots type philanthropy thing to bring them to people who cannot afford them but wait that gives me an idea man... free nets for everyone in 2018 maybe????

I need to take some gear-fishing-for-SRC notes. I have shoulder surgery at the end of the month and may need to get dirty with a spinning rod for my fishing fix this spring. Should be fly-rod ready for the summer/fall salmon season....if we get one.

I need to take some gear-fishing-for-SRC notes. I have shoulder surgery at the end of the month and may need to get dirty with a spinning rod for my fishing fix this spring. Should be fly-rod ready for the summer/fall salmon season....if we get one.
Nothing dirty about it man, looking at a lite weight spinning rod to reach high tide fish just out of reach when the switch wont cut it. Also need to dial it in so I can take non fly fishing family out once in a while.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Latest posts