Sea-Run Cutthroat Trout rules.

holtad

I need to take some gear-fishing-for-SRC notes. I have shoulder surgery at the end of the month and may need to get dirty with a spinning rod for my fishing fix this spring. Should be fly-rod ready for the summer/fall salmon season....if we get one.
When I fish with my brother-in-law (maybe 1-2 times per year, from his boat), I started bringing a light spinning rod and some castmaster lures. I replace the treble hook for a single barbless and seems to work pretty well for him. I'd say i still catch more fish on the fly (probably 2-1) but that may just be that we really only have 2 colors of lures for him and I can swap out flies to mach whatever is working etc... still, he seems to average larger fish then I do.

When I fish with my brother-in-law (maybe 1-2 times per year, from his boat), I started bringing a light spinning rod and some castmaster lures. I replace the treble hook for a single barbless and seems to work pretty well for him. I'd say i still catch more fish on the fly (probably 2-1) but that may just be that we really only have 2 colors of lures for him and I can swap out flies to mach whatever is working etc... still, he seems to average larger fish then I do.
Maybe spinner with fly dropper ;)

Nothing dirty about it man, looking at a lite weight spinning rod to reach high tide fish just out of reach when the switch wont cut it. Also need to dial it in so I can take non fly fishing family out once in a while.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Oh I know, I was just messing around. However, I gear fish so infrequently it feels weird when I do.

holtad

You can get a couple casting bubbles then just use your flies behind it. That way you can just take your fly box and no need to buy lures.
I actually am really into this idea for my bro and father in law who just don't seem that interested in learning yo cast well enough to be effective.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Latest posts