Sea-Run Cutthroat Trout rules.

That's what I do when I want to eat one, which I like to do about once every 5 years or so. I can remember only three (3) searun cutts that I have kept from streams, tidal creeks, and rivers in the last 15 years. Those waters have a 14" minimum size limit. The fish I kept were chunky 15"-16" and bleeding profusely from their gills. They may have survived if I had released them. But I never gave 'em the chance. I may or may not bop another one for the table during my lifetime. If I'm hungry and camping along a river where its legal to retain one, well, I just might do so, and call it "dinner.":eek::eek::eek:
Yeah not saying that is wrong and I have done the same a couple times over the years. I was just pointing out that the picture could be on the up and up if it was caught on a stream.

I'd slow down there, Chief. Got a whole sum of 29 total posts. Throwing shade at a well respected fish conservationist/guide, first, earlier...and now the law of the water (not that I disagree..keep 'em wet and off the rocks, unless eating-cannot tell if that is a c&r salt fish or not for sure)..but you seem to be running for shop Cop or honorary Moderator?
You have a fish on the rocks in your avatar and no one jumped you with assumptions. Keep it cool ;) View attachment 164020
Salmon - Killed and eaten. Perhaps I have been too harsh in trying to point out some hipocrisy so I won't say any more.

Last edited: