NFR Kinda Fishing Related: Time for a newer truck

spfd jason

Hey Everyone,

Got the news from the mechanic that its time to trade in the 2003 Silverado 2500HD Duramax. I've done my research and there are several newer Duramax trucks in Puyallup that I'm planning to test drive on Saturday. Possibly one in Bremerton, also. Inventory is low in Oregon for my year/price range. I've been further educating myself on these trucks and my mechanic is going to teach me to use his Snap-on diagnostic code scanner so I can check each vehicle. Super nice guy!

Does anyone have experience with Northwest Motorsports and/or Milam Truck Country?

If I can't make a deal on Saturday, is there cool place to stay in the Puyallup area? Should I bring a spey rod along?

Thanks,

Jason

Salmo_g

Why is it time to trade in your 2003 Silverado? A good truck should last much longer than that.

I have two friends who sorta' recently bought new Silverado 2500 diesel trucks, a 2017 and 2018. Very nice rigs, and they are quite happy with them. The 2018 went from 18 mpg to 21 mpg when he added the canopy to it. This was on the highway and not towing his boat.

Rob Allen

Why is it time to trade in your 2003 Silverado? A good truck should last much longer than that.

I have two friends who sorta' recently bought new Silverado 2500 diesel trucks, a 2017 and 2018. Very nice rigs, and they are quite happy with them. The 2018 went from 18 mpg to 21 mpg when he added the canopy to it. This was on the highway and not towing his boat.
I agree i have a 94 Ford pushing 300,000
How can an 03 be worn out?

The T.O. Show

Buenos Hatches Ese
I bought a Jeep from Northwest Motorsports when I was in high school, but this was way back before the Jay Buhner days when it was just a little used car spot on River Road. No complaints from me but its a totally different operation now.

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing

Buy a ford or a dodge,

jasmillo

Really don't want this to turn into a Chevy/Ford/Dodge debate/digression. I'm set on a Duramax and just wondering if anyone has experience with the dealerships. Thanks.
It’s not a debate. Everyone in the know gets a Tundra anyway :p.

Sorry, I have nothing to add related to those dealerships. Hope someone comes through with some solid info for you.

Lue Taylor

Lue Taylor/dbfly
If it's lifted I would stay away from Northwest Motorsport they lift kit are the cheapest on the market and if you decide to purchase one lifted make sure you check the all bolts to the kit after 500 mile been known to come loose. My future son in law bought a Ford 350 from them has had nothing but problems out of it from day one. Go get another Chevy my 2016 Silverado gets 22mpg hwy and 17-19 city with a 5.3 liter no I am not towing

If it's lifted I would stay away from Northwest Motorsport they lift kit are the cheapest on the market and if you decide to purchase one lifted make sure you check the all bolts to the kit after 500 mile been known to come loose. My future son in law bought a Ford 350 from them has had nothing but problems out of it from day one.
Not looking at anything that is lifted. If it has a leveling kit I'll be sure to double check everything. Thanks.

Northwest Motorsport has decent prices on some of the stock trucks they sell. They don’t have many that are stock. Most of what they sell is really over priced. I know a couple people that bought trucks there with after market work done on them- the lift kits and wheels were really cheap & didn’t hold up. Each of them had wheels crack bec aye they weren’t strong enough for the rated capacity of the trucks

Latest posts