NFR Kinda Fishing Related: Time for a newer truck

MRKbass

Not defending nwms in any way, but how is knowingly trading a truck with mechanical problems like a worn out diesel engine (10k?) any less shady???

Not defending nwms in any way, but how is knowingly trading a truck with mechanical problems like a worn out diesel engine (10k?) any less shady???
As I understand it, a dealership can pay for the trade in, repair it at cost, and still turn it around for a profit. If my mechanic didn't own a small "mom and pop" business (ie. if he had more time for working on investment cars) he'd gladly purchase and flip this truck. He just doesn't have the time/space/cash at this point. Not trying to be shady but its kinda how the business operates.

As far as lifting a truck goes, I really don’t get it; 90% of lifted trucks are just done for the look, or “pavement princesses “, as my grandson calls them. Little to gain and loss of power, fuel mileage, aerodynamics, expensive tire replacement and wear on suspension parts, decreased emergency evasive maneuvers, etc.

Toyota's make great daily driver type trucks, but for me I need a truck that will tow a large boat and in spite of their towing weight ratings, give me a 3/4 ton truck at minimum for any real towing work.

Toyota's make great daily driver type trucks, but for me I need a truck that will tow a large boat and in spite of their towing weight ratings, give me a 3/4 ton truck at minimum for any real towing work.
I tow a tall 6x10 cargo trailer with all my remodeling tools on a daily basis. Load some materials and the weight adds up. Also end up towing a heavily loaded dump trailer several times a year. And the occasional 20ft travel trailer. Gotta have a truck that can handle the daily load and still get decent mileage around town.

Blow by is normal in a diesel. Simple test to check if it is excessive is to put your oil cap on upside down. If the pressure is excessive it will blow the cap off, if not, it is okay. My 2008 has 240,000 miles and runs like a top. I change the oil regularly and run synthetic. I also added an AirDog fuel pump and filter system that provides 9psi of pressure. Chevy relies on the injector system to provide a vacuum to pull the fuel down the line. Not related to your issue but good to remember.

nwtroutguy

The Tug Is The Drug
Hey Everyone,

Got the news from the mechanic that its time to trade in the 2003 Silverado 2500HD Duramax. I've done my research and there are several newer Duramax trucks in Puyallup that I'm planning to test drive on Saturday. Possibly one in Bremerton, also. Inventory is low in Oregon for my year/price range. I've been further educating myself on these trucks and my mechanic is going to teach me to use his Snap-on diagnostic code scanner so I can check each vehicle. Super nice guy!

Does anyone have experience with Northwest Motorsports and/or Milam Truck Country?

If I can't make a deal on Saturday, is there cool place to stay in the Puyallup area? Should I bring a spey rod along?

Thanks,

Jason
Jason,

I just bought a 2500 HD Diesel from Lee Johnson last year. Best car buying experience I have ever had. Love my truck.

Kyle Smith

DBA BozoKlown406
I had a bad experience with Northwest Motorsport. I was going to fly out to pick up a vehicle, which I paid a $1000 deposit to hold.

Before I booked a flight, I had an independent inspector look the vehicle over, and they found a leaking transfer case.

The salesman fought me tooth and nail to keep my deposit. Once I finally explained to his manager that I had photos of a leaking transfer case, he had no leg to stand on. They refunded my deposit, so ultimately they were reasonable. I think I just got a shitty salesman.