NFR Kinda Fishing Related: Time for a newer truck

jasmillo

Love my Tundra....and it sure loves gas!
Same here...and yes it does. Tows my 23 ft, 6.5k travel trailer with ease and hopefully a smallish boat soon.

Plenty of truck for me but I work in an office so it’s a fishing and camping vehicle basically. I buy Toyota’s for the duarability. I know that can be said for a lot of trucks these days but I and my extended family have owned a lot of Toyota’s through the years with almost no issues.

Outside of them using wiring made of soy that attracts every mouse, squirrel and rat with 10 miles. Wiring harnesses are expensive to replace! Unfortunately this is not a Toyota specific issue....

Same here...and yes it does. Tows my 23 ft, 6.5k travel trailer with ease and hopefully a smallish boat soon.

Plenty of truck for me but I work in an office so it’s a fishing and camping vehicle basically. I buy Toyota’s for the duarability. I know that can be said for a lot of trucks these days but I and my extended family have owned a lot of Toyota’s through the years with almost no issues.

Outside of them using wiring made of soy that attracts every mouse, squirrel and rat with 10 miles. Wiring harnesses are expensive to replace! Unfortunately this is not a Toyota specific issue....
Mercedes used to use biodegradable wire harness back in the day. The only problem is they degraded before anything else on the car lol.

As I understand it, a dealership can pay for the trade in, repair it at cost, and still turn it around for a profit. If my mechanic didn't own a small "mom and pop" business (ie. if he had more time for working on investment cars) he'd gladly purchase and flip this truck. He just doesn't have the time/space/cash at this point. Not trying to be shady but its kinda how the business operates.
Yup dealerships are considered the expert in the tranasction. It's their responsibility to inspect details. Usually their detail inspection is "yep turns on"

I used to work with a guy in Australia who's father owns a very large Toyota dealership & this guy used to work there selling the used cars! I asked him one day, tell me honestly who are the easiest people to rip off? He said straight away old people & wemon that come in on there own! I thought you barstard!

I have a 2001 F150 4x4. I bought it for $13,ooo with 36,000 miles on it in 2006. Not through a dealer but off Craigs list. I use it like a truck for fishing and getting to trail heads. I have a popup camper that is perfect for it. I haul loads of top soil, rock and lumber and don't worry about scratching the paint.
If I dropped $50 - $60 grand on a truck I'd be afraid to use it like a truck.

Look at the aftermarket and you'll find a better deal.

Is a loaded Ford, Chevy, or Dodge any less?
Bought a Tundra last May, new. It was at least $4K less than comparable GMC, Ram and Fords; $38K with off road and tow pkg. Double Cab, 6.5’ bed, 5.7 litre, 4WD. looked at resale values, 3 year old Tundras with 40K within a couple or $3K of a new one. Looked at all the forums, all had mechanical issues except for Toyota. Gets about 1 mpg less than my 2004 5.3 GMC, 17 Hwy. If I needed to tow more than 10K lbs then I’d look elsewhere.

I haul loads of top soil, rock and lumber and don't worry about scratching the paint.
If I dropped $50 - $60 grand on a truck I'd be afraid to use it like a truck.
They really aren't much use until they are a little bit beaten up. I drive an indestructible '97 Tacoma. Goes every where, gets washed once a year whether it needs it or not. Looks crappy enough that no one would suspect there might be a custom fly rod or two in there.

Blow by is normal in a diesel. Simple test to check if it is excessive is to put your oil cap on upside down. If the pressure is excessive it will blow the cap off, if not, it is okay. My 2008 has 240,000 miles and runs like a top. I change the oil regularly and run synthetic. I also added an AirDog fuel pump and filter system that provides 9psi of pressure. Chevy relies on the injector system to provide a vacuum to pull the fuel down the line. Not related to your issue but good to remember.
It was blowing the cap off. Purchased a nice 2011 Sierra 2500HD with 84K from the GMC dealership in Beaverton. Locally owned and very well take care of. Not one exterior scratch. Truck canopy included and new tires. Negotiated a very fair trade in price, too!

bk paige

Wishin I was on the Sauk
It was blowing the cap off. Purchased a nice 2011 Sierra 2500HD with 84K from the GMC dealership in Beaverton. Locally owned and very well take care of. Not one exterior scratch. Truck canopy included and new tires. Negotiated a very fair trade in price, too!

I need to find a canopy for mine now.

Latest posts