Recommended skykomish river guides?

Aadaboy

Been fishing the river for a few years, picked up spey, love it, but hard to find non-private access to water without crossing tracks or engaging in combat fishing. Looking to go on a guided trip, or find someone to go spey fishing with for steelhead/coho/chinook this next season. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Jamie Wilson

WFF Supporter
I have one, and the buddies got one. Any recommendations on best place to put in?
When it is open and the flows allow put in under the high bridge and float to Sultan or Sultan to Monroe
I'm pretty sure these are standard floats. I've done the first one more than once

Jamie Wilson

WFF Supporter
Ok, thats where i was looking on google maps. Thanks again
Wear your PFD at least while you're moving in the boat
I'm not sure on the exact flows you want because I don't fish it much but someone around here could help
And welcome

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
WFF Supporter
I would recommend a summer recon trip from the high bridge to sultan & one from sultan to ben Howard boat ramp. this would give you a idea of where the fishing runs is you might like to fish are and get a feel for floating the river getting a dunking in june with out any expensive gear on board is way better than a swim in the winter.

scottcat

Not knowing your pontoons or experience levels I think maybe Sultan to Ben Howard might be a bit easier. That's how I remember it at least. High bridge has a bit of nasty water right as you get started if I recall correctly.

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
WFF Supporter
Not knowing your pontoons or experience levels I think maybe Sultan to Ben Howard might be a bit easier. That's how I remember it at least. High bridge has a bit of nasty water right as you get started if I recall correctly.
thats correct

bk paige

Wishin I was on the Sauk
Yes the upper drift is easy but can kill you if shit goes wrong or you dont belong there, and changes every high water, a boat went down last year. Give Ryan Smith at the Avid Angler he's fishy as he'll and knows the river, plan now for the June opener.

Aadaboy

Thanks for the tips guys, been wanting to float it for a while. Experience floating down any river = 0. So, I think I'll take the easier float first. Anyone know about how long the sultan to ben howard float takes?

Jamie Wilson

WFF Supporter
If you’re not confident behind the sticks go row a lake and practice
Most guys run into trouble just not knowing how to plan a line and then row by pushing rather than pulling
A little practice goes a long way

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

That said, WFF displays just a single ad regardless of the device, and that ad helps cover the server fees. The position and size of the ad has been set to minimize impact to your experience, negating the need for adblocking the site. Disable your AdBlocker / Whitelist WashingtonFlyFishing.com to continue using the site. Thanks.

I've Disabled AdBlock