New Ride

here's the pulley link..this one works really well, can make your own for less cost if close to a marine store.
https://www.amazon.com/SpinRX-Tangle-Swivel-Pulley-Anchor/dp/B01FTBVF12

anchor arm secured to the stern corner, install a stainless/galvanized eye bolt to the underside of the arm as close to the transom as possible, to create a V spread when the anchor is down.
One end of the rope tied off at the eye bolt, other end run through the anchor pulley then up to the davit pulley on the opposite top leg of the V. The spread is important to avoid line twist.

The Dierkes SA52 works well for a stern corner anchor davit. Sturdy, reasonably priced, galvanized, put them on all my drift boats before worn shoulders = time to give up rowing the coastal rivers.
http://www.dhdriftboats.com/dierksanchorsystems.html

Something to consider, since you run an electric motor off the stern, which is great btw for chasing hooked fish or setting up on spooky fish, used that set-up on my Crestliner...you'll want the stern davit mounted on the opposite side of the electric motor, and you'll want to anchor with the stern anchor facing the current..that way you have a nice clean hold away from the boat, whereas if you setup with the stern anchor down current, the current will be trying to push the boat over the anchor, which can break it loose, and is more prone to tangle.

cheers
Appreciate the reply! I have more nerding out to do. Last question.... how much anchor rope are you running on that system?

Appreciate the reply! I have more nerding out to do. Last question.... how much anchor rope are you running on that system?
My anchorages never exceed 10', so carry 30' of 5/8" soft braid for both. Usually set-up with 20' of bow line out to obtain a decent hold on the tide push, the stern anchor pretty much dropped under the boat on the 'facing current' side.

So anchor lines approx 3x the deepest depth you expect to anchor in when you're aboard and in relatively shallower waters, 4x over 20', and always have another 50'-100' section handy for tows, beach anchoring, non-manned anchoring, etc.

And your anchor selection will depend on where you run. Flukes, plows, Danforths, Pyramid, Animal anchors, all work well in certain bottoms. Lot out there on the boating bogs and marine stores such s West Marine about this.

Best to rig up with general purpose anchors, make some runs, see whats working, whats not, adjust accordingly, catch some pull like hell finny critters, have some grins..

My anchorages never exceed 10', so carry 30' of 5/8" soft braid for both. Usually set-up with 20' of bow line out to obtain a decent hold on the tide push, the stern anchor pretty much dropped under the boat on the 'facing current' side.

So anchor lines approx 3x the deepest depth you expect to anchor in when you're aboard and in relatively shallower waters, 4x over 20', and always have another 50'-100' section handy for tows, beach anchoring, non-manned anchoring, etc.

And your anchor selection will depend on where you run. Flukes, plows, Danforths, Pyramid, Animal anchors, all work well in certain bottoms. Lot out there on the boating bogs and marine stores such s West Marine about this.

Best to rig up with general purpose anchors, make some runs, see whats working, whats not, adjust accordingly, catch some pull like hell finny critters, have some grins..
Thanks man, most of my in river anchoring will be on soft inside seams while I get out and swing gravel bars but I do intend to do some creative anchoring as you describe for swinging and stripping flies from the boat as well as anchoring in salmon pools and fishing gear. I think I’m gonna go with 40’ of anchor rope front and rear and run the drift boat style pulley system as you describe. I’m a metal fabricator and am looking into building everything myself for now. Thanks for the replies! Cheers

Thanks man, most of my in river anchoring will be on soft inside seams while I get out and swing gravel bars but I do intend to do some creative anchoring as you describe for swinging and stripping flies from the boat as well as anchoring in salmon pools and fishing gear. I think I’m gonna go with 40’ of anchor rope front and rear and run the drift boat style pulley system as you describe. I’m a metal fabricator and am looking into building everything myself for now. Thanks for the replies! Cheers
regarding those deep pools..keep a rigged rod with a type 3 shooting head on it, run fluro leader, barbell eyes...let it swing into those holes and just park it..slowly leaded your rod tip to one side, let it hang, then slowly lead the tip to the opposite side..can be a highly effective technique

2013-10-02_16-02-50_569.jpg

View attachment 166306

First fish for me in the new boat was a dandy. Big leech eating Stillwater rainbow. Working out a (hopefully) simple fuel issue and finishing up my anchor system. Machining my new pulleys today and might get to mounting them this weekend. Probably stick to lakes until the rivers open in June. Pretty expensive pram at the moment but she will get there ;)
Oh hey nice fish. Did you net that all by yourself?

Latest posts