Campbell Lake- Skagit County Triploid Plantings

I am curious why WF&G justifies planting 660+ triploids in Campbell Lake. As I have been informed by the Region 4 Biologist, these triploids are purchased from private sources at a cost of $5.00 per fish planted. But nobody complains why WF&G cannot plant 200 catchables in Pass Lake (a Catch and Release Lake) given public fishing pressure. Just curious!

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
I am curious why WF&G justifies planting 660+ triploids in Campbell Lake. As I have been informed by the Region 4 Biologist, these triploids are purchased from private sources at a cost of $5.00 per fish planted. But nobody complains why WF&G cannot plant 200 catchables in Pass Lake (a Catch and Release Lake) given public fishing pressure. Just curious!
Good question. Only answer I have is Campbell is open to more users where as Pass is limited to the number of users who can honestly take advantage of it.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater
Thankfully they are planting 660 of them in Campbell rather then Pass.
A total waste of state resources though regardless of where they are planted.
SF

Salmo_g

I'm gonna' take a guess that Pass is rich enough in aquatic feed to grow respectable trout from fingerling plants. And fly fishermen generally prefer to catch trout that grow by feeding on natural feed rather than pellets. But maybe not.

Campbell is also fairly rich I think. But since it's a general season CNK water, I presume that most trout are removed before they have a chance to grow to that same respectable size.

bakerite

If you planted fingerlings in Campbell they would be bass, perch and crappie feed within a couple of weeks. I fish a lake on the east side that gets a planting of trips that holds spiny rays too. Had a great day there last year. Any day with 10 or more fish around 20" and a few that are 4 lbs. is a winner in my book.

If you planted fingerlings in Campbell they would be bass, perch and crappie feed within a couple of weeks. I fish a lake on the east side that gets a planting of trips that holds spiny rays too. Had a great day there last year. Any day with 10 or more fish around 20" and a few that are 4 lbs. is a winner in my book.
AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!!

I fish a local bass lake where they plant trips. I take my 5wt and troll a dragon nymph between bass spots and hook the odd one, it's always a nice surprize.

Looks to me that Marblemount hatchery planted 550 2lb rainbows in Lake Campbell, not triploids. No need for triploid hate.
:) A lot of people use the term "triploids" when what the mean are the WDFW's "jumbo" fish. I haven't looked up the specifics of that lake, but it happens in my circles all the time.

Latest posts