Is this wrong?

Klickrolf

I don't think it's wrong, but I do think once you put your fly rod and fly reel in some sorta fly rod holder, while thinking you are fly fishing, you are no longer fly fishing! Just thought you guys might like to understand the facts. You guys are all trolling which was originally called harling.

Those harling boys didn't think they were fly fishing. If they did they'd have called it fly fishing.

Last edited:

SilverFly

Once you put your fly rod and fly reel in some sorta fly rod holder, while thinking you are fly fishing, you are no longer fly fishing! Just thought you guys need to understand the facts. You guys are all trolling which was originally called harling.

Those harling boys didn't think they were fly fishing.
Nope, I am not deluding myself about that fact, and think I said that from the get-go.

Fly fishing or not, I'm seeing this as a "when in Rome" thing. I'm not going to turn down an invite from a gear buddy with a drift boat, who knows the river extremely well, and doesn't mind me using a bug stick. But given the choice of watching a plug rod, or a fly rod in a holder when he's on the sticks, I'll still take the fly rod. There will still be spots to pull over and do some legit fly fishing.

Last edited:
Thanks for your kind words Nick. Do you think I'm wrong?

I don't CARE about your thoughts on the matter quite honestly.

You're free to continue your life as the internet fly fishing definition police, it has zero impact on me and I'm quite certain the same level of impact on most other forum members.

Klickrolf

I don't CARE about your thoughts on the matter quite honestly.

You're free to continue your life as the internet fly fishing definition police, it has zero impact on me and I'm quite certain the same level of impact on most other forum members.
Sorry, didn't mean to define anything, just said what I thought which is what I always do.

Klickrolf

Nope, I am not deluding myself about that fact, and think I said that from the get-go.

Fly fishing or not, I'm seeing this as a "when in Rome" thing. I'm not going to turn down an invite from a gear buddy with a drift boat, who knows the river extremely well, and doesn't mind me using a bug stick. But given the choice of watching a plug rod, or a fly rod in a holder when he's on the sticks, I'll still take the fly rod. There will still be spots to pull over and do some legit fly fishing.
You did and I apologize, failed to read "all" of your original post.

Latest posts