Skok...

State goes to war over the poster fishery for snagging and human fecal placement. Seems legit. If anybody wants to see the worst sporting behaviour in angling hit this place up on a weekend. Bring beer and a bull horn. I like to narrate the action on the bull horn.

Top ten skok quotes. All real and heard on location......

1. Holy shit it's in the mouth!

2. Right in the ass!

3. Just another "blank" on the warpath!

4. Seriously get the fucking net it's ahead of the Gill plate!

5. You won't catch shit with a leader that short!

6. So then I tell that piece of shit warden.....

7. It's in the belly but fuck it, I won't tell anyone!

8. That's not too dark, it'll smoke!

9. It's a dark hen but fuck it, let's at least take the eggs!

10. I think I stepped in your shit on the walk down!

Last edited:

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater
State goes to war over the poster fishery for snagging and human fecal placement. Seems legit. If anybody wants to see the worst sporting behaviour in angling hit this place up on a weekend. Bring beer and a bull horn. I like to narrate the action on the bull horn.

Top ten skok quotes. All real and heard on location......

1. Holy shit it's in the mouth!

2. Right in the ass!

3. Just another "blank" on the warpath!

4. Seriously get the fucking net it's ahead of the Gill plate!

5. You won't catch shit with a leader that short!

6. So then I tell that piece of shit warden.....

7. It's in the belly but fuck it, I won't tell anyone!

8. That's not too dark, it'll smoke!

9. It's a dark hen but fuck it, let's at least take the eggs!

10. I think I stepped in your shit on the walk down!
11. .....you forgot the fucking ladder?!?!?!?!

Cruik

Oh, god. The WDFW is going to go to bat for those #$&%s!?

Also, they're arguing that the u.s. never intended to cede access to navigable waterways on reservations? Anyone with a sled want to fish the lower Quinault? Just launch in the upper river.

Last edited:

Salmo_g

The Skok is a snag fishery for Chinook, but that is a different issue, an enforcement one. More significantly, the Skok produces large terminal area returns of hatchery Chinook, coho, and chum salmon paid for by WA taxpayers plus Tacoma Power pays a certain amount as partial mitigation for its Cushman dams. If the state and or the Tribe isn't going to allow non-treaty fishing in the lower Skok, then it should shut down the George Adams hatchery. No way should WA license buyers and taxpayers fund hatchery salmon that they do not have access to. The Tacoma Power funding would logically continue to produce mitigation fish.

The skok around late 90's was fun for eggs under float. We would fish down near the mouth. Big pigs in that little river.
I used to fly fish it in the early nineties and after out at the mouth and slayed. It wasn't till the early 2000s that the hordes moved in and wrecked a fun fishery. Those fish are biters. Why anyone would need to snag them is crazy. A smallish black egg sucking leech on a floating line swung and twitched used to produce double digit days on the right tides. Wdfw needs to own the lack of enforcement on this river and letting the scumbags kick ethical fishermen off the water. I swear Washington tries to pander to the lowest common denominator in fishing religiously. Put and take lakes, look the other way at violations ect are all the norm. Is it any wonder that we start kids freezer burning limits of dinks from day one on the water? We are not instilling good sports culture, we're pandering to the worst of it Zero confidence.

Caught some nice steelhead out of all those canal rivers back in the day.
We used to launch at Hoodsport and troll down towards the mouth of the Skok with bucktail flies and catch some hog hooknose coho in the fall.
SF
I still see a small number of steelhead in the gorges of the south fork.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater
I still see a small number of steelhead in the gorges of the south fork.

Good to know.
My buddy has a pic of his pops holding a 20+ lb steelie he caught near the steel bridge.
That was his favorite place to fish. We always joked he as like a mountain goat the way he hiked down there.
SF

Good to know.
My buddy has a pic of his pops holding a 20+ lb steelie he caught near the steel bridge.
That was his favorite place to fish. We always joked he as like a mountain goat the way he hiked down there.
SF
That's the canyon they like. There's very very few but they are still there. I can't speak to the summer run as I'm never in there during that time all that often. I would like to think they are there still.