Skok...

Shad

South Fork Skok is a beautiful place. I always wanted to fish near the High Steel Bridge, but I never got too close to deciding to hike down there. Looks like a death trap to me. Luckily, there are a few other spots in that canyon that can be accessed with some well-planned hiking. Seems like I either get skunked or catch something really cool when I venture out there. I did catch a summer run up there a few years back. Bit my bugger 5 times before I finally sunk a hook in it. Wish they were all as crazy as that one!

South Fork Skok is a beautiful place. I always wanted to fish near the High Steel Bridge, but I never got too close to deciding to hike down there. Looks like a death trap to me. Luckily, there are a few other spots in that canyon that can be accessed with some well-planned hiking. Seems like I either get skunked or catch something really cool when I venture out there. I did catch a summer run up there a few years back. Bit my bugger 5 times before I finally sunk a hook in it. Wish they were all as crazy as that one!
Very dangerous. Someone just died up there just this last early summer. I was told he slipped and fell in . Drowned. That area neat the steel bridge is a no go zone for me. People try and do it still all the time. And every few years they lose somebody.

Latest posts