How's The Ice Look on Basin Lakes

Especially, are the lakes near the Colombia in shape for the opener? This week has been kind of bad and things may have re-frozen.

Has anybody had eyes on Quincy or Lenice?

Everything I have seen doesn't have any ice on it.
It didn't get below freezing last nite here in Wenatchee.
40 degrees, rain, wind.
It's always windy at Quincy on the opener. Lenice is a little more sheltered.

Far east stuff is locked up tight, some with snow on top of the ice. not looking great. plan on a week or two of missed fishing over here.

b_illymac

Member Active
I assume Lenice is open. There are still parts of Moses Lake with ice so I dunno what that means for Quincy etc. Its 23 this morning.

Boy I miss the Seep lakes, and Washington in general !!! This time of year... steelhead, blackmouth, and cutties to chase...

I am looking at 9 inches of snow, everything frozen up here in anchorage!

Buzzy

I'll let @troutpocket report on those lakes downstream of I90/Vantage Bridge. Several lakes I hiked into today lying in the Columbia National Wildlife Refuge still have ice and one was completely iced over (it wasn't two weeks ago when I fished it).

I think a couple lakes that @Dustin Bise mentioned recently are, as he says, locked up. They are further east than the Columbia Basin.

I went to the Quincy lakes area last weekend. Everything is open. Dusty, H, Stan Coffin, Quincy. Lenice and Nunnally were reported open by Desert Fly anglers.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I haven't seen grass since November. A thawed lake sounds nice.
Well it is 38 here in Butte this morning. I don't think any lakes in Montana are ice free as of yet. Maybe the middle of June. Plus a lot of skinny water's probably have ice on them yet. Oh well. Hell.

Kyle Smith

DBA BozoKlown406
Well it is 38 here in Butte this morning. I don't think any lakes in Montana are ice free as of yet. Maybe the middle of June. Plus a lot of skinny water's probably have ice on them yet. Oh well. Hell.
I'm fishing tomorrow. Low W, partly cloudy, 30s. Here's to a good March.

Latest posts