How's The Ice Look on Basin Lakes

Scott Salzer

previously micro brew
The basin opener was fine. I still tent it and the rain Tuesday & Wednesday took it’s toll on me left early today and headed over the hump.

Caught some fish, not as many as others, ss, comes to mind. Saw some very good people that I have enjoyed seeing in the past. Exchanged some libation, conversation, met new people.

Met the new bio, Mike and the enforcement guy.

Good times. Thanks to all for their hospitality.

Safe travels to you all!

Slow day on Nunnaly 4 in 4 hrs. Really strong fighting 16er though. Lenice looked like an rv show. They reported some good some slow. Windy, cold.

Simi seal cbo
Rainbow warrior
White leech

IveofIone

Scott, I was sad to hear that you got weathered out of the opener. I assume you were trying to sleep in the Canvas Worm? Man, I fish with some stubborn guys- you with your Canvas Worm and Tim with his Doughnut of Death!

I would like to see you in one of those new teardrop trailers where you could still cook outdoors but be warm and snug inside while thumbing you nose at the weather. I was in some of those at the recent RV show and was impressed by how bright and homey they are inside. For one or two people they are perfect for 2 or 3 nights and easy to tow.

I have been sleeping outside since 1948-70 years now-and I ain't doin' it anymore. Enough is enough. Now that I have gone full luxe with a new Lance trailer I am looking forward to a queen sized bed, running water, heat, solar, shade and a full kitchen. No more climbing in the back of my pickup or pissing in a jar. Screw the wind, rain and biting insects. You and Roper could really up your game by buying one of those and be damned stylish doing it!

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Scott, I was sad to hear that you got weathered out of the opener. I assume you were trying to sleep in the Canvas Worm? Man, I fish with some stubborn guys- you with your Canvas Worm and Tim with his Doughnut of Death!

I would like to see you in one of those new teardrop trailers where you could still cook outdoors but be warm and snug inside while thumbing you nose at the weather. I was in some of those at the recent RV show and was impressed by how bright and homey they are inside. For one or two people they are perfect for 2 or 3 nights and easy to tow.

I have been sleeping outside since 1948-70 years now-and I ain't doin' it anymore. Enough is enough. Now that I have gone full luxe with a new Lance trailer I am looking forward to a queen sized bed, running water, heat, solar, shade and a full kitchen. No more climbing in the back of my pickup or pissing in a jar. Screw the wind, rain and biting insects. You and Roper could really up your game by buying one of those and be damned stylish doing it!
Are you getting soft. My idea of camping out is a warm Motel room with soft beds and hot showers.

Old406Kid

Jim, I ain't getting soft, I AM soft! I'm nearing the end of my life, have a lot of money in the bank and think it would be damned stupid to go out there and do a Grizzly Adams imitation. I did 50 years of that, paid my dues but at 80 I'm looking to be good to myself and enjoy some comfort.
So...soft bed in a motel?;)

Vladimir Steblina

Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working
Jim, I ain't getting soft, I AM soft! I'm nearing the end of my life, have a lot of money in the bank and think it would be damned stupid to go out there and do a Grizzly Adams imitation. I did 50 years of that, paid my dues but at 80 I'm looking to be good to myself and enjoy some comfort.
I was teasing a friend on his spending serious money on his new hobby. He said...”Vladimir, I have more money than time”.

That got me spending.....

Coffee Pot. Got there and the launch bay was still 80% frozen over. The main lake was open with no way to get there. It will probably be open by next week with the predicted warmer temps and breezes.

Latest posts