Rain Forest Steelhead

Shad

I like your photo. Indeed, it sums up what we are looking for when we head out there: a place that might hold a steelhead but does not hold other anglers. Getting hard to find.

I spent yesterday swinging flies on two of the rivers in the southern part of the area. I found plenty of solitude and a little sunshine, but no signs of fish. Water was clear enough to see the bottom of a couple holes that reliably hold fish, and they were completely empty. Ah, Olympic Peninsula steelheading.... At least the scenery is still great.

fishbadger

Haha I think I've taken pix in those exact same spots, but they never turned out half as good as yours!! Nicely done, I notice a conspicuous absence of fish in the imagery, which also correlates with my experience on that stretch of river. . .just doesn't hold em like it used to, but it's always a nice walk.

fb

I notice a conspicuous absence of fish in the imagery, which also correlates with my experience on that stretch of river. . .just doesn't hold em like it used to, but it's always a nice walk.

fb
On the trip where I took the pics two days of fishing translated into one long distance release of a steelhead which broke 15 pound test on a jump. That's winter steelheading.

nice little post - I like the content was concise and to the point. So often writers have been typing with one hand and a thesaurus in the other!

Latest posts