WTB 3-Tand TF-70 spool

Status
Not open for further replies.

holtad

I'm looking for a 3-Tand TF-70 spool. Would be interested in multiple if available. Silver or black is fine but would prefer black.
How do you like the TF-70? I was considering that reel and I'm wondering if they hold up in the salt...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

How do you like the TF-70? I was considering that reel and I'm wondering if they hold up in the salt...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Other than having a ridiculously hard time finding spare spools, I LOVE the reel. Feels very solid and has really stood up in the salt.

up2nogood

To name a few that sell the TF-70 spools , did not look too hard ,but at least a couple of these vendors offered both colors. Looks like the price is pretty much the same on all of them $125
Fish USA
Stillwater
Ebay
Tackle Direct

Last edited:

up2nogood

JMO but when a spool is 50% of the Complete reel price I would recommend buying the whole reel. you will have the spare spool & a reel backup jut in case of an Emergency. Mark
I agree, no desire anymore to have spare spools, would much rather have just the reels, same process changing spools as changing reels.. As you mentioned why not just have another reel.

holtad

I agree, no desire anymore to have spare spools, would much rather have just the reels, same process changing spools as changing reels.. As you mentioned why not just have another reel.
Lets go further. Just get a new line, new reel & new rod, keep it all strung up & carry both (or 3 as I saw a guy doing at the beach the other day) on every outing!

I joke, but I do loving having the sage double rod-holders (I get the one made for 2 10ft 2 piece rods) where I can just break my rod in 2, slide it in with fly & reel still on and don't have to go through the hassle of stringing up the line & tying a fly on all the time :)

up2nogood

Lets go further. Just get a new line, new reel & new rod, keep it all strung up & carry both (or 3 as I saw a guy doing at the beach the other day) on every outing!

I joke, but I do loving having the sage double rod-holders (I get the one made for 2 10ft 2 piece rods) where I can just break my rod in 2, slide it in with fly & reel still on and don't have to go through the hassle of stringing up the line & tying a fly on all the time :)
Thats not a bad idea, new line, reel, and rod. I believe I'll run that by the wife again, she may of thought I was done buying fly fishing equipment :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts