Maruto Hooks

I was thumbing through a catalogue for these guys in a shop awhile ago, was given some samples of their 9130 saltwater hook and checked out their site. Did a search here and only found a couple mentions.

Has anyone had experience with these?

I've never tried their saltwater hooks, but I use their m30 hook for Atlantic salmon. I've tried many hooks and it is among my favourites, sharp, and strong even down to a size 12. I also use their c40 hook occasionally to tie stimulators and stonefly nymphs, it's crazy sharp and strong for its wire gauge.

They make quality stuff.

SquamishPoacher,

I have heard nothing but great things about these irons. SUPER sharp.

I have been trying to find a consistent source other than EBay......if I find one, I will forward.

FISH ON!

SquamishPoacher,

I have heard nothing but great things about these irons. SUPER sharp.

I have been trying to find a consistent source other than EBay......if I find one, I will forward.

FISH ON!
There's a shop here on Vancouver Island (Coast Sportfish) that has the 8500 Coho hook as well as some stinger hooks and he gave me a few of the 9130s he was given as a sample to try and they do seem pretty grabby. Hopefully he gets some more in because although I've heard of them they are tough to find.

Okay....they are sticky sharp.
Have a great weekend!

LOVE THAT pic of you riding that bull moose!

Did you ever see the pic of Steven Speilberg with his "dead" Triceratops?

Alot of dummies believed that too!

Any big bull trout near your area?

I have a ton here in a local reservoir....but want to stream catch em! 20180217_171330.jpg 20180217_164356.jpg

This was last week in Nevada at Pyramid Lake....jist insane fishing! Lahontan Cutthroat

No big bull trout around but we did see a fair showing of searun dollies this fall to about two pounds. Have encountered them in the Chilcotin, Cariboo and Kootenays. Ordering some hooks. There's a couple interesting ones for chironomids plus some of the saltwater 9130SS. Tiny ones. When coho are staging around here you have to go down to small Neils to interest them. The 9130 comes in 10 & 12 which should do.

I see. Well, tear 'em up buddy.

I just retired and REALLY want to head North.

My wife wants to see the Fernie area. I see the ELK River and East Kootenay (I believe it is called have streamer bulls AND good cutthroat action on dries....so I am thinking July we are headin north.

Any only ideas is WAY appreciated!

*gotta help run in the groceries!

You on Instagram or facebook?

Latest posts